Author Topic: Re: How about a Betdaq version  (Read 10378 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: How about a Betdaq version
« on: 19 Oct 2009, 06:40 »
IMO, MFPro is by far the best exchange software in the market, it would be great if the company is to develop a Betdaq version for those who want to avoid paying the Premium Charge.

• Élite
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2009, 19:44 »
Or to do both at once to get those arbitrage opportunities!!

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2009, 20:20 »
How often do you trade on Betdaq? Can you say you would be betting there as frequently as on BetFair? That's an essential piece of information for us, so I think I'll make a corresponding poll.

Also, I must warn that some market info that you are used to on BetFair might be missing in Betdaq.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2009, 20:09 »
I totally agree with you , at current state, there is no way one can be better off trading on Betdaq rather than Betfair, but MFpro in not only a trading tool, it's a multi-purpose conditioning betting tools.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2009, 09:52 »
Anyway, we'll give it a think: there used to be a Betdaq version before, about a year ago or so, but it proved to be slow because of the Betdaq's poor API performance.
We'll see if the things have changed since then.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jul 2014, 22:47 »
Hi,

I know, this is a very old thread, but are there any news about a betdaq version of MF Pro? As betfair will limit access to exchange markets for many countries (Germany was disabled last year, Austria will be disabled next week), in the long run exchange access will by availiable only in Great Britain, Malta, Gibraltar, Ireland and Denmark.

All betdaq trading tools around offer very limited features, maybe it is a good idea to create a betdaq Version of MFPro for all users which will lose their access to exchange markets in future.

kind regards
Martin

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jul 2014, 23:02 »
You forgot about Australia, Martin.   Yes I do believe a Betdaq version is essential now that Ladbrokes has bought it and liquidity has improved enormously.   I compared quite a few horse races recently where the amount matched on Betdaq was only slightly less than Betfair.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jul 2014, 11:52 »
I will also throw my vote behind a Betdaq version. It helps mitigate the risk for us and Welldone in case we ever fall out of favour with Betfair.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jul 2014, 14:58 »
Agree!

Not to mention the long run benefits of two mutual competitive exchanges: Better conditions to the customer caused by increased competition (lower commission rates etc.)

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 07 Jul 2014, 15:19 »
I would like to join the queue too !
I'm not so sure about the arbing side unless things
have changed over the past year as Betdaq odds were
mostly if not all in some cases lower than the odds on offer on Betfair.
I hope someone can put me right on this.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 07 Jul 2014, 16:36 »
I would like to join the queue too !
I'm not so sure about the arbing side unless things
have changed over the past year as Betdaq odds were
mostly if not all in some cases lower than the odds on offer on Betfair.
I hope someone can put me right on this.
R

betdaq does no crossmatching, so it is more likely for betdaq markets to have gaps between back and lay offer. But on the other side, somebody can enter an unmatched bet at a worse odd than it would be possible with crossmatching.

no crossmatching = almost free money with MFPro autodutching feature! No other betdaq bot availiable can do autodutching.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 08 Jul 2014, 13:45 »
Too bad that Betdaq doesn't offer that. But what I can't seem to figure out is why not? They didn't divulge any info about it.
Gambling is a lifestyle.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jul 2014, 17:36 »
Any plans for a Betdaq version?

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jul 2014, 18:58 »
Hi Martin,
Thanks for the Betdaq no crossmatching info.
Gaps between back and lay is something I can do without.
As Ladbrokes own it plus Paddy Power staff helped to set up Betfair's fixed odds betting I can't help but think that the days of betting exchanges are coming to an end. They obviously have hurt the high street shops.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2014, 08:19 »
Hi racepro,
one of the reasons for lower liquitity in some Betdaq markets is the lack of sophisticated bots for Betdaq. With a MFPro Betdaq version, if would be quite easy to fill the gaps in tennis or football match odds markets........
I did  a complete evaluation of Betdaq trading tools, no tool for betdaq is as powerful as MFPro. If I would run my horse trigger without MFPro at Betdaq, I would need approx 5-8 computers with up to 10 open Excel sheets each. A job, which could be done with 1 computer and 1 instance of MFPro.

Mostly only teaches us about the loss of the value of things.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE