Author Topic: Basketball trigger  (Read 9202 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Basketball trigger
« on: 21 Nov 2014, 10:00 »
Hello! I have just downloaded MarketFeeder; I'm new to the bots world, I have been using Betfair for 5-6 years, but always manually, and now I would like to automate a strategy on basketball.

I'd appreciate if someone can tell me if this strategy can be automated, and is it difficult to do it; if I was to hire someone to do it, what would be the approximate price.

Let me describe it in details, on example.

Sport is always basketball, market is always moneyline, bets are always back bets, and always in-play. Stakes are level, so stakes in various bets do not depend on each other, although I need to update the stake, usually on a weekly level (that means, I set the stake, and that's level stake for all bets untill I change the stake).

Here are the inputs that I need to define before match; they are different for each match, I juste give these values as example, for easier understanding; I will explain what they mean later in the text:

Input 1: Match (select the matches to bet on).

Input 2: Team to back - depending on odds fluctuation, it may be only home team, only away team, or both teams.

Input 3: Waiting time - 30 minutes

Input 4: "Go-to-action odds": 1.50

Input 5: Traded amount: 100 EUR

Input 6: Place bet tick offset: 3

So, here is what I need:

Monitor the selected match, and take note when it starts, i.e., when it goes in play.

Don't do anything during "waiting time", in this example, don't do anything for 30 minutes (specified in input 3).

At 30:00 minutes after kick-off, check the current back odds for selected team (selected in input 2: home team, away team, or both teams).

Scenario A:
If current odds are lower or equal to "go-to-action odds" (input 4), then check traded amount at those current odds and lower odds (i.e., if current odds are 1.40, check traded volume at odds of 1.40 and lower).

If traded amount is higher or equal to 100 EUR (input 5), place back bet at 3 ticks lower odds (Input 6); in this example, if currently available odds are 1.40, place back bet at 1.37.

If traded amount is lower than 100 EUR (input 5), monitor the market. As soon as traded amount reaches 100 EUR, place back bet at 3 ticks lower than LTP (last traded price), if they are still below 1.50 (although they should be, but you never know if there will be a sudden drop or rise of odds; that means, never place back bet at odds above 1.47 in this example). Let's say, current odds are 1.40; bot monitors traded volume at 1.40 or lower, and it reaches 100 EUR when current odds (LTP) are 1.38. At that moment, place back bet at 1.35.

Scenario B:
If current odds are higher than "go-to-action odds", monitor the market. As soon as current odds drop below specified odds and traded amount at specified or lower odds reaches 100 EUR, place back bet at 3 ticks lower than LTP.

Example: Current odds are 1.60. Monitor the odds. When odds drop to 1.50, monitor traded volume at 1.50 or lower. When it reaches 100 EUR, place back bet at 3 ticks below LTP - if LTP is 1.46, place back bet at 1.43.

Traded volume at specified odds or below is total traded volume during the entire match, not only after 30th minute. I mean, if odds drop to 1.50 or below in 10th minute of the match, with traded volume, say, 40 EUR, then odds rise above 1.50, and then drop again after we start monitoring them, after 30th minute, bet needs to be triggered when total traded volume at odds of 1.50 or lower reaches 100 EUR, and not 140 EUR.

Looking forward to some feedback, hope it's not too complicated! :) Thanks!

Just to clarify input 2 a bit more, I'm not sure I explained its role well enough, and there is another issue in that case.

So, I need to choose only one or both teams to monitor and back. Say, if I choose only home team, then bot needs to monitor odds and traded volume only for home team, and back only home team when/if criteria have been met, as described above. If I choose only away team, then the same only for away team. But if I choose both teams, then bot needs to monitor odds and traded volume for both teams, and if either team meets the criteria above, back that team.

Now, it could theortically happen that both teams meet the criteria (I didn't have it in my practice so far); but I want to place back bet only on the team that first meet the criteria - so, once the back bet is placed and matched, stop the bot, don't do anything else in that market. It's important "and matched" - if bet is placed, but not matched, then keep monitoring, and place bet on the other team, if it meets the criteria later.

The same applies for scenarios A and B above - once the bet is placed, but not matched, keep monitoring; but if odds rise above 1.50 and then steam down again, don't place another bet, regardless if previous one was matched or not! So, let's say, if only one team is selected, stop the bot after bet has been placed; if both teams are selected, stop the bot after bet has been matched.

If this makes the things too complicated, then forget about selecting both teams - that doesn't happen frequently anyway, so just do the part when only one team - either home either away team - is selected.

What should be paid attention to; US markets are displayed as Away team @ Home team (away team listed first), while rest of the world uses notation Home team - Away team (home team listed first); not once it happened to me to place bet on wrong team in US markets because of that...

• Élite
Re: Basketball trigger
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2014, 09:53 »
hi
sorry for the late reply, i had to contact support because the option to get the traded amount was turned off in the v8, so waiting for it to be turned back on, then i can see if your system can be put in to triggers.
it is the if traded amount is 100 or more at x odds, that could be the problem.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2014, 10:08 »
hi
sorry for the late reply

Hello, Mcbee; no problems for late reply, I understand questions like this are not easy. Sorry that you had to investigate those options...

Well, traded amount condition was there to ensure there is sufficient liquidity. Otherwise, tick offset would need to be higher - if there is a small liquidity, I need to offer better price (for other side, i.e., worse price for me) to get it matched. When placing these bets manually, I can see it and judge myself; but for the bot, I thought there should be some "guidance".

But since it is a hassle, I can live without that condition, no problems, i.e., without checking traded amount - I will compensate it with ticks offset, after estimating liquidity on each market.

So, is it possible to implement triggers only with remaining conditions - start monitoring odds at defined time after kick-off; if LTP in that moment is lower than or equal to defined limit, place back bet at X ticks below LTP; if LTP is higher than defined limit, keep monitoring the odds, and as soon as they drop to the limit, place back bet at X ticks below LTP.

I can simplify another item of my request, if it helps: stopping the trigger. I said it should stop after bet has been placed or matched, depending on further odds movement; but let's say that trigger should stop after bet has been placed - don't do anything else, if it gets matched, nice, if not, odds movement was likely such that subsequent bets would also not be matched. So, make it simple - monitor untill bet is placed, and then stop the trigger.

Thanks for support! :)

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2014, 13:43 »
hi
that should be no problem, but you will have to request the trigger using this link.
http://community.welldonesoft.com/make-me-a-trigger!/

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2014, 14:16 »
OK, I've just done so; thank you!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2014, 20:42 »
Hi, Mcbee; I'm sorry to say, but it seems that I either don't know how to load properly this trigger, either there is something wrong - according to the log, it monitors a market, but doesn't seem to place any bets; would you have time, please, to bear with me as I explain it!

So, to make these screenshots, I chose three matches, about 10 minutes before kick off; I loaded the trigger, activated it for these markets, adjusted the inputs, and reloaded it.

This is how I set up the inputs in Triggers Editor, see attached file Trigger-1

After that, I clicked "Save"; button "Reload" then turned red, so I clicked it, to reload the trigger.

This is the screenhot after that, see attached file Trigger-2

You can see the tooltip that one of the matches was idle; but all three matches were idle at that time - it was before kick off.

Matches were scheduled for 20:30; at 21:15, I turned up to check what happened; this is trigger log for two markets, see attached files Trigger- 3a to 3d.

So, you see, both matches were idle untill 20:30; then trigger started monitoring them, there are thousands of rows that have this same content, but no bet was placed!

And this is screenhot for one of the markets, see attached file Trigger-4.

So, you see that odds are far below the limit, so bet should have been placed.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I referred to MF Manual, but there are only few lines about loading triggers, in chapter 8.3, and I think I'm doing that as described there...

Another thing that confuses me is setting of inputs; I thought I could set the inputs (for example, limit odds, waiting time, ticks, selected team) for each market separately; but when I edit the trigger for one market, it changes for all markets! How do I do it for one market only?

Thanks!

Just to add, these are screenhots from "real" mode, not from testing mode; I didn't try it in testing mode at all; I have no time for that, I prefer to risk to lose stake of 2 EUR in markets I try it, than to dabble with testing mode.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 04 Dec 2014, 12:33 »
hi
open settings at the top center of the bot screen
general options
right hand side, fourth row down, you will see By default all selections are not active for auto-trading
change the are not active  TO  are active

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 04 Dec 2014, 12:44 »
LOL, I knew there would be some stupid ommission from my side - I opened Settings many times, to adjust other stuff in MF interface, but I thought all trigger settings were adjusted in Triggers window, so I only looked there...

Thank you for reply! I'll check when I get to home computer.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 04 Dec 2014, 21:15 »
OK, I can confirm this is working great now, thank you!

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 10 Dec 2015, 09:15 »
Hi! is there any chance to get this trigger for a test?

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 10 Dec 2015, 11:56 »
hi
sorry but this trigger was requested for private use so was not put on the open forum.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2015, 21:28 »
oh, ok, is there any chance to find out some results of this trigger and then to decide to buy it maybe?

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 14 Dec 2015, 14:37 »
hi
you would have to contact saputnik as it was a paid for trigger, but the last time on the forum was January 11, 2015, 14:52
but if you have an idea for a trigger, then you could request a free trigger using this link.

http://community.welldonesoft.com/make-me-a-trigger!/

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE