Author Topic: api request exceded 167gbp charged although MFP LITE set to maxim 19 api .  (Read 5600 times)

Tags:
  • All members
api request exceded 167gbp (!!) charged by betfair although MFP LITE set to maxim 19 api ,'' Automatically prevent exceeding the limit '' box ticked. I use geek toys in similar way ,several horses markets loaded and monitoring but never get charged .

• Élite
hi
in the past month i have been charged 3 times.
never happened to me before.
maybe betfair is closing in, and checking more often.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
hi
in the past month i have been charged 3 times.
never happened to me before.
maybe betfair is closing in, and checking more often.

mcbee

Yes , but api limit on MFP Lite have nothing to do with it . this problem was on MFP full licence and MFP team solved . Looks like the lite version have the same bug. 167GBP charged .

• Élite
hi
have you asked for a refund.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Don't know what geek toys is but I can imagine if you use two programs at the same time that you may exceed the limit, as MF Pro will limit what it does, but can't count for access from web or other programs.

Just some thoughts...

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
Dont rely on the monitor to keep you safe. It has happened to me also a few times.
The killer is not just refresh rates at sub 3 seconds. If you are in test in mf pro lite and are betting at less than the £2 minimum this counts as 3 bets and will really rack up a pile of requests.

Make sure all your bets are over £2 or else you can get a nice email from the data request people, quicker than you can say "WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS"!
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
hi
thanks for that info betfair winner.
i never thought about the below limit been 3 bets.
also i think that if you load markets and monitor at the same time increases the load over the limit.

mcbee

• All members
hi
have you asked for a refund.

mcbee

yes .they refounded me for first and last time ...no other mistakes allowed .
My stakes in sim mode are 100 .
I use one platform at a time .
The thing is that I did the same with MFP full licence and never charged. Api limit works perfect . Now I'am just affraind to try it again in sim mode any other strategy as will be charged again. I have 2 acconts ,one with full licence ,and one just for tests mfp lite which stands for 5-6 hours pre race  trades scalping swings . So I need to monitor all markets 1-3 seconds. Anyone from support can read this and try to fix it ?

• Élite
hi
even though you have 2 accounts they are classed as 1 for request charges.

mcbee

• All members
I had the same problem with MFP Lite.  Support advised that I had two instances of the program running, but I was certain this was not the case.  Anyway, BF refunded 2 days charges and didn't charge for a third day, after I stated that I wouldn't use the software again.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Please, take into account that BetFair increase your requests limit if you place real bets: http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/
So it's much more possible you face charges with the Lite version than with the full one.
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
As a side issue, I see from the link that BF are introducing an inactive acount fee from 31 December 2010

Phil