Author Topic: Need help for simple trigger  (Read 4378 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Need help for simple trigger
« on: Thu, 29 July, 2010, 23:25 »
Hi folks,

I need a trigger which does the following things:

- Check a market starting like 12 hours before going in-play and stop (ley's say) 30 minutes before the off
- Monitor contenders odds movements
- If the odds of a contender steam/drift by more than (let's say) 15% it should send me a mail alert

This trigger is intended for markets with just 2/3 selections.

I tried myself but for some reason it failed (i'm a novice, not a big surprise...guess has something to do with a missing "remember" trigger...uh...maybe )

• All members
Re: Need help for simple trigger
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 August, 2010, 23:09 »
Sorry if I insist...

I'm trying to code it myself but need some input, at least.

I want this trigger to highlight big swings in odds before the off and I'm looking for the correct condition parameter.

Checking the manual i've found the following ones, which are related:

Back Price Dif Over
Lay Price Dif Over
Back Ticks Dif
Lay Ticks Dif over

But those parameters compares the odds over time, since latest refresh or since the latest xx minutes.

I want a trigger that send me an email when the odds drop/rise of a certain percentage (or a certain number of ticks, in alternative), comparing those odds to the ones that MF found *when it started monitoring the market* not over the latest xx minutes or the latest xx refreshes.

What should i do? Do i have to use a remember trigger? Another parameter? Pls help, i'm a bit lost :)

• All members
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 August, 2010, 16:36 »
Hi there,
Before attempting to put something together...How often do you want MFPro to check whether prices have changed and send you an email during the 12 hours you want running up to the event starting? Once every hour/30/15/5 minutes?

When you say notify you via email if the prices have changed by say 15%...15% from what?...from the start of the 12 hour period?...from when it last checked an hour/30/15/25/5/2 minutes ago?
If you lose...don't lose the lesson!

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 August, 2010, 16:00 »
Hi,

I've developed a simple trigger, based on a remember function which you can find attached. It will send you an email if the price of a runner drops by 50% or more. It will also inform you about the morning price and the latest price.

It will check the price of every runner (of any horse race in the market list, win and place) in the morning (please set your own time) and will notify you of every runner that drops 50% or more in price thereafter.

You can define additional conditions in the email trigger, such like "back_price is less than 15.0" or "Minutes before the off is less than 60", or anything you like.

Don't forget to adjust the monitoring settings and start monitoring the markets maybe 720 minutes before event start.

It goes without saying, that you also need to have your email settings correct.

The trigger also will set the idle refresh rate to 60 seconds until 15 minutes before the  race starts. Then it will change to your default settings.

Please let me know whether it works for you.

Hope it helps a little bit!

Cheers,
bamthwok

• All members
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 August, 2010, 17:00 »
Hi,

i would like to thank Obias-Trader and bamthwok for their kind help, i would have done it before but i was on a little vacation :)

bamthwok, your trigger looks good and does what i was asking for.

Unluckily, don't know why, i don't receive the alert emails.

According to logs an email have been sent and to the correct address - but actually i receive nothing.

I guess it's not a trigger problem cause i made a simple trigger just to check the email function and i had the same issue.

Looks like some kind of email/SMTP trouble.

I've already double checked spam filters and smtp sererv: everything is fine, nothing useful in the spam folder and the SMTP is the one required by my ISP, the same i use everyday.

What else could i check?
Is there any SMTP detailed log avalaible in Windows 7 or in MF?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 August, 2010, 16:34 »
We confirm that minor bug. It happens if your SMTP server doesn't require authentication.

There is a temporary solution:
1. Switch SMTP authorization on.
2. Enter anything into the "Username" and "Password" fields
3. Switch SMTP authorization off.

So the fields should contain values but the option should be switched off.

The bug will be fixed in the next release.
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 August, 2010, 16:56 »
Hi,

this kind of problem may arise if your SMTP auths users according to their IP ranges, in that case it doesn't require a login/password for sending mails.

Thanks to Marketfeeder support, in the person of Tim, for helping me solve the issue :)