Author Topic: trader for horses  (Read 3746 times)

Tags:
  • All members
trader for horses
« on: Sat, 24 April, 2010, 02:02 »
Hi, for you whats the best trigger for horse tradding?

thanks

• All members
Re: trader for horses
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 May, 2010, 02:49 »
anyone?

• √Člite
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 May, 2010, 06:50 »
Jonny, its a bit of a general question - hence no responses. I suspect if you get a bit more specific about your ideas and get a discussion going you might get a better response.  Personally I dropped trading when earlier versions of MF pro did not seem to be able to support loads of markets being refreshed over a long period without crashing but it has improved greatly recently.  I know some poeople also use an auto restart script to get over this problem rather than risk leaving half completed trades int he market.

alfaman

• All members
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 May, 2010, 16:05 »
well im looking for a triger that do pre trading and has loss stop. since ive buy this program im still searching for a good trigger for this

• All members
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 May, 2010, 10:30 »
well i have been testing many triggers in various aspects of horse racing. Now i am working on a combination of laying in place markets with a combination of a good staking plan. In the past all my test strategies were without staking plans, now i realized how stupid i was...  ;D

• All members
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 May, 2010, 21:38 »
well i have been testing many triggers in various aspects of horse racing. Now i am working on a combination of laying in place markets with a combination of a good staking plan. In the past all my test strategies were without staking plans, now i realized how stupid i was...  ;D

Unfortunately your first option here was the correct one. There is no "magic bullet" staking plan and any system that cannot make money at level stakes cannot win longterm. You need to think of it as a perfect 45 degree graph where Risk is the X axis and Reward is the Y axis. The more reward you want, the more risk you need to take and the less risk you're willing to take, the less reward you'll get.

Example:

System #1 - Place no bets at all.
Net result = No risk whatsoever and also no reward.

System #2 - Place your entire bank on each bet.
Net result = You win the most you possibly can OR you lose everything.

System #3 - Place half of your bank on each bet.
Net result = You can afford to hit a maximum of 2 losing bets before you have no bank left. Your Risk/Reward are exactly evens.

If you're in the fortunate position to have created a system that overcomes the 5% commission on betfair and you're getting "value" (better odds that the selection's real % chance of winning) and can profit at level stakes then you need to work out the LLR or Longest Losing Run of your system and you can decide on the best option for staking from there.

LLR can be calculated using the following formula:

Log(Number of bets)/-Log(1-Strike Rate)

In the formula above, Strike Rate is in Decimal format.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 May, 2010, 15:12 »
so there is any tigger that make pre trader bets with stop loss?

thanks

• √Člite
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 May, 2010, 15:32 »
hi
maybe you can adjust this to suit your requirements

http://marketfeederpro.com/data/triggers/bet-price-change/back-pre-off-steamer.xml

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.