Author Topic: Trigger Help  (Read 7578 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger Help
« on: 25 Apr 2011, 21:56 »
Well Hello Forum!!

I'm new here - after losing a hell of a lot of money gambling like a fool a number of years ago - i haven't gambled a penny in years whilst i've paper traded hundreds of systems i've come up with....I'm now at a point where i think i may have come up with a slow and steady profit maker on the tennis.

Anyway - nobody is interested in my life story......to the triggering!

Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere but i haven't had time to read through the whole forum yet....something which i plan to do in the next few hours!!!

I'm impressed with my trial version of marketfeeder and i really think this will be useful as when the majority of bets need to be placed - i'll be at work so i will have to use the triggering. I've got my head around the basics - and i've had it placing bets with the test account for the last couple of days but i have notice a couple of issues i need to sort out

Laying - When the last traded odds are between a certain price range at a certain time - i've got it laying a set stake at the best available odds. I've notice however that if its a quiet market - the last trade could be say 6.4 yet the next available price is say 8 or 9 and i don't want to lay if the best available price is more than say - 2 ticks aboves the last traded price. Is there any way to trigger this?

Backing - Obviously its possible to set a trigger to back at the best available price - i'ev only been able to back a certain amount - is it possible to set a stake to win a pre-set amount? Say i want to win £50 whether i'm backing at 1.4 or 1.7.....

Thanks  ;D

• Élite
Re: Trigger Help
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2011, 05:50 »
hi
welcome to the forum
for your lay question
add the condition
and selections lay price is equal or less than r_ticks(last_traded,2)

for your backing question
in the amount box   50/(back_price-1)

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2011, 11:03 »
cheers - will use these for yet another days testing......

just to see what people think of the system - these are straight pre match odds with no trading involved in play - only on tennis

Over 11 weeks there have been over 273 matches which fit the criteria....the total profit would have been just under 80 times the chosen stake....

There has been 8 winning weeks and 3 losing weeks:

Week 1 = -1 x stake
Week 2 = +18.4 x stake
Week 3 = +8.4 x stake
Week 4 = -4.8 x stake
Week 5 = +16.7 x stake
Week 6 = +7.7 x stake
Week 7 = +14.9 x stake
Week 8 = -7 x stake
Week 9 = +9 x stake
Week 10 = +10 x stake
Week 11 = +7.3 x stake

I'm laying set odds so i know within a certain range how much i can lose on any one match.

What do we think?

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2011, 16:52 »
buy and ship a bottle of some Moet for Mcbee when you reach $100 000 or whatever currency you are using.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2011, 19:05 »
im not sure how much moet you can buy on test currency chaps!!

I'll be giving it a go with £5 quid stakes if its still going strong around week 16/17 (my test results will then include one of the Slams) and then slowly and gradually get bigger stakes as i go along and gain more confidence.

Its that first step - you can guarantee the first real week of playing the strategy will be the biggest losing week since i started to keep track!!

Anybody else have much luck with triggering in tennis?

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2011, 19:34 »
Just another question - this time regarding API refresh charges...

I'm not using triggers to do anything special - i'm using it to simply place bets where if i was sat in front of my laptop - i could easily do myself manually - i'm using triggers in order to set off to work in a morning knowing that anything thats in my set range is placed.

Now the question i have is how best to set up MFP in order not to suffer any API charges. From what i can tell - it's not yet possible to automatically open tennis "match odds" markets so i have to manually open those in the morning.

What i want is to monitor a market from around 120 minutes before the specified off time - mainly because often tennis matches seem to start earlier than their specified time! I don't need a quick refresh rate because the markets don't shift much within 30 seconds or so. The problem is i'll have so many markets open and a lot of them don't interest me.

Is it possible to automatically close markets:

A) Once the initial bet has taken place
B) If the favourite is within a price range?

Also, if i close the market in test mode after the bet has been placed - will the results still be settled and appear in the test market accounts section?

Basically - i only want to keep markets open when necessary and close ones that don't interest me rather than having 20-30 markets open and only utilise 6 or maybe 7

Thanks again in advance

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2011, 19:45 »
Don't run for too long in test mode without placing real bets.  See the RED warning on the left.

• Nerd
  • Élite
« Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2011, 19:52 »
i have not done tennis as yet .. started with horses racing .. did ok .. now working on something for the dogs .. looks promising.

I haven't really had any ideas of how to make tennis pay yet.

I recommended a starting bank of 10X your worst week ... so .. 700 ... even 1050 to be safe.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 26 Apr 2011, 21:50 »
I'm looking at running a bank of around £1,000 for £10 stakes but like i said - i'll be starting with a lower £5 stake untill i gain more confidence - quite possibly the rest of the tennis year so i have a season of data to go off....

• Nerd
  • Élite
« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2011, 13:23 »
good luck mate.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 27 Apr 2011, 20:32 »

Laying - When the last traded odds are between a certain price range at a certain time - i've got it laying a set stake at the best available odds. I've notice however that if its a quiet market - the last trade could be say 6.4 yet the next available price is say 8 or 9 and i don't want to lay if the best available price is more than say - 2 ticks aboves the last traded price. Is there any way to trigger this?

This is a problem with how the api displays bets compared to the the betfair website.  They call it crossmatching, and introduced it in 2008.  (Google betfair crossmatching for a more detailed explanation)  Basically in low liquidity markets the bets available on the website have no real relationship to the bets displayed in API products like mfp.  This can cause all sorts of problems when testing triggers in these sorts of markets so tread carefully when you go live.  eg In test mode the api displays a bet at odds of 5.5 which it matches, but in reality in the website the actual odds on offer are much lower so the test results bare no relation to what could happen in real life.  Hopefully vers 7 will be able to deal with crossmatching