Author Topic: triggered betting help required please..  (Read 2183 times)

Tags:
  • All members
triggered betting help required please..
« on: Sun, 28 March, 2010, 15:44 »
Hi all

this is my 1st experience with triggered betting and was wondering if anybody has any advice as to what i am doing wrong as no bets appear to be getting submitted. What i'm trying to do is set up lay bet triggers in the correct score market for any football match that is 'in play'.

I'm looking for the trigger to be activated when the current score 'favourite' is trading between a certain range e.g 2.20 and 2.40 and then putting in a lay bet below this range, say 2.10. I want to repeat this all the way down to 1.10 so have added additonal triggers within the same screen just changing the trigger price.

i have attempted this by creating a new file and adding seperate triggers with the attached info

followed by selecting the correct score on the add/delete specific markets and hitting go. The games are highlighted in the todays fixtures menu but this is as far as it goes

any help would be appreciated

• Élite
Re: triggered betting help required please..
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 28 March, 2010, 17:05 »
Hi
You need to check the log files for each trigger, what do they say?

Just done a quick test, log file should look like this

28/03/2010 17:57:40:   Market Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 28 March / Mgladbach v Hamburg / Correct Score has been refreshed.
-----------------------------------------

Checking condition:  Favourite's Back Price is between 2.3 and 2.4
Condition is false.  Selection "1 - 0": the value is 2.4800000.

28/03/2010 17:57:50:   Market Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 28 March / Mgladbach v Hamburg / Correct Score has been refreshed.

Checking condition:  Favourite's Back Price is between 2.3 and 2.4
Condition is true. valid for 1 selections: 1 - 0.

Going to Lay in market "Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 28 March / Mgladbach v Hamburg / Correct Score" on the following selections :
   1 - 0, £ 2.00 at 2.10
The trigger has been already executed 1 times in market "Soccer - Fixtures / Fixtures 28 March / Mgladbach v Hamburg / Correct Score".

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 March, 2010, 11:59 »
Listen to Maddox' advice, plus set "At In-Play" to "cancel", as it can't keep the unmathed bet in-play (bet persistence is not working with soccer markets).
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Usuários brasileiros, bem vindos ao nosso WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к нашей официальной группе ВКонтакте!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 March, 2010, 12:44 »
thanks for the replies - a basic error on my part on that one as i didn't hit start once i'd loaded the markets.

i have changed the 'at inplay' to cancel, but what would that actually do ? - because my bets would only be triggered when the game is 'inplay' due to the odds i'm offering, and i'm understanding that statement to be when the game kicks off cancel any unmatched bets.

could that be the reason why bets on some games weren't triggered at all ? - the Galatasaray game yesterday for example. I was following the correct score odds on the betfair website and the game was in my list on marketfeeder, but nothing was getting triggered.

As for the log file when i clicked on it late last night, the message was that the file couldn't be found for the 28th, even though bets were submitted successfully on some games.