Author Topic: Please help a Newbie  (Read 1811 times)

• All members
Please help a Newbie
« on: 07 Jan 2021, 10:07 »
Hi Guys. 

I have signed up for the program with the hope of creating some simple rules to automate my bets but I am struggling to work out how to do it. 

Essentially what I have is 2-3 picks each day on the horses - this is done manually. With these picks I want to Lay the first one always at a set amount (1 pt) at odds of less that 2.12. If this wins the bet (loses the race )that is the end of the bets of the day.

If it loses the bet, then I want to lay the next selection for a fixed stake (1.5 pt) at less than 2.12. Again, if the bet wins thats the end, if not:

Place the final bet to lay the selection for 2pts at less than 2.12. 

I thought it would be relatively simple yet as mentioned I couldn't work it out. Any help would be hugely appreciated. The bets should either be placed at BFSP or 3 mins before the off.

Many Thanks for any help which can be provided. 

• All members
Re: Please help a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2021, 21:45 »

Sorry, just for some extra clarification:
1 pt is £50 - to lay
I would prefer to take BFSP for the selection (providing it is 2.1 or lower), if not the bet should go in play

- So in the morning I select Horse 1, Horse 2 and Horse 3 (all in different races throughout the day)
- lay Horse 1 for less than 2.12 at BFSP for 1 pt (£50)- if bet wins bot finishes for the day, if it loses the bet continue to bet on horse 2.
- Lay Horse 2 for less than 2.12 at BFSP for 1.5 pt (£75) - if bet wins bot finishes for the day, if it loses he bet continues to bet on horse 3
- Lay Horse 3 for less than 2.12 at BFSP for 2 pt (£100) - bot finishes after this. 

In an ideal world I would like an additional trigger that if Horse 1 wins, the bot then places a back bet (straight after bet 1 settling) on Horse 2 for 0.2pt (£10). This only applies to the first bet winning and not second etc. 

I appreciate the final one might be asking a bit much but any help is appreciated. Also apologies for repeating myself here, I just wanted to make sure I was clear with my request to hopefully make your life easier. 

Many thanks

Mark

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2021, 10:17 »
Hi Mark,

I would prefer to take BFSP for the selection (providing it is 2.1 or lower), if not the bet should go in play

The Starting Price (SP) gets calculated after the off, i.e. once the market turns In-Play, and never before.

BetFair offers the option to back or lay at SP, which means you place a fixed liability, and once SP becomes known, they turn your liability into an actual bet, and if it is a lay bet, its amount will be calculated as liability/(SP - 1).

So based on what I've just said, do you want to modify your trigger requirements?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2021, 14:17 »
Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes that is ideal, I am happy to lay at a fixed price and take whatever liability it works out at (provided is odds of 2.1 or less)

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2021, 11:45 »
Hello, is this still being looked into?

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2021, 10:41 »
Hello!

Yes that is ideal, I am happy to lay at a fixed price and take whatever liability it works out at (provided is odds of 2.1 or less)

I'm sorry, but that's not what I said.

BetFair offers the option to back or lay at SP, which means you place a fixed liability, and once SP becomes known, they turn your liability into an actual bet, and if it is a lay bet, its amount will be calculated as liability/(SP - 1).

So it's the other way round, i.e. you can set the liability of your bet, not the price.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2021, 08:12 »
Hello. 

Thank you for your email. In this case can I please choose to place the bet 1 minute before the race is due to start? 

Thanks

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb 2021, 13:09 »
Hello!

Please see your triggers attached.

To select races and horses on which you want to bet, use the Import selections for auto-trading functionality. Here's a video tutorial explaining how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNhSl5ypn0

Use the constants inside the file to adjust the trigger settings.

Make sure you've tested the triggers in Test Mode before you switch to real money.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 26 Feb 2021, 22:04 »
Thank you for your help building it. I am trying it in practice mode and it works some days yet not others. I can’t work out why it is not working some days as the triggers are met yet no bets are placed. 

Is there anything you can suggest as to why this might be the case?

Thanks

Mark

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE