Author Topic: Trigger Request  (Read 1318 times)

• All members
Trigger Request
« on: 01 Oct 2021, 19:23 »
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a Trigger made if possible.
I've tried to work it out myself but I'm stuck as I don't get how I can get it to look at a value say in the morning and then refer \ compare it before race time.
I've added the trigger so far. 

This is what I'm looking to achieve (these bits are working)
I import a list of selection into Market Feeder. 
10 mins before the race it triggers. 
If the form of the last race for that selection doesn't contain a 1 or a 2 - Lay it. 
If the form of the last race for that selection does contain a 1 or a 2 - Back it.
There are some Min \ Max odds. 

What I need to add is - 

- To get a snapshot of the silk_jockey in the morning say at 10am and store it as a variable say morning_jockey. Then compare that morning_jockey with silk_jockey at trigger time and if they don't match then don't lay.  

- If a horse has been backed throughout the day from say a price snapshot at 10am to 10mins before the race, Don't lay it (I'm looking for relatively big moves - like 9pts - I guess how many tick wise that would depend on how big the price was, but I can refine that.

I've spent hours trying to work it out haha. White flag. 

• All members
Re: Trigger Request
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2021, 17:37 »
One final request if I may, which may or may not be possible? 
- Don't lay horses that have 10lbs or more less than last winning mark. 

Suspect that might not be possible but thought I'd ask. 

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2021, 09:18 »
Hello!

Please see the triggers attached. You can adjust the time at which the triggers will take a snapshot of jockeys' name in the snapshot_time constant.

Note: I have also changed the name of the BACK_AMOUNT constant to back_bet_amount. There is already a built-in variable with the name of back_amount, and you are not recommended to create user variables with names matching the existing variables and/or constants.

You will have to adjust your Monitoring Options to start monitoring events at 1440 minutes before the off (the earliest time). This is needed to refresh the markets in the morning for their snapshot. The triggers will automatically slow down the refresh rate to save traffic and reduce the number of requests you make to the BetFair server, then speed it up closer to the start of the race.

In order for the triggers to be able to access silk data, turn on Download Horse Racing silk data in Monitoring Options under Horse Racing.

Don't lay horses that have 10lbs or more less than last winning mark.

This is not possible to incorporate in the triggers as BetFair do not provide this information.

Make sure you have tested the triggers in Test Mode.

If you want to make changes/amendments to the initially requested triggers, please make a new trigger request.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Nov 2021, 09:22 »
Absolute legend. Have a great week and thank you.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE