Author Topic: Evolution of betting  (Read 8215 times)

Tags:
  • Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Evolution of betting
« on: 07 Jan 2018, 09:22 »
Hello everybody.

Our loyal clients know WellDone Creative Software as a progressive company that has never been afraid of experiments. Since we started 13 (!) years ago, we've always been looking for new betting technologies and tools. That's how we came up with triggered betting, Time Machine, etc. While not all of our tools are equally great and called-for, still we never stop at trying. 

Due to running the Time Machine service, we have a lot of BetFair historical data (our current database contains 4.1 million (!) markets from 392.1 thousand meetings), so it would be at unforgivable mistake not to make use of it. Although BetFair restricts the usage of the data to certain terms and conditions (e.g. forbids selling it directly), we could legitimately aggregate it in different ways to offer you some useful stats.

The first (but not the last) thought was to use the data to predict the duration of an average horse race, like we did in this trigger example. There is, however, a problem with the example – it takes into account the race distance only. But as you know, a horse’s performance may depend on many factors. So we have organised our records by known race parameters and created a simple service to tell you the forecasted duration of each today's race (in seconds). The starting time is adjusted for your local time zone. The duration is displayed in 2 columns – the minimum and maximum possible time in seconds. The next race is marked yellow. The current in-play race is blinking.

There are 2 difficulties so far:
  • The duration range is quite wide. We probably need more parameters to rely on. We'll keep improving the accuracy.
  • The service is for your information only. You can't use it to automate your betting with triggers. We are preparing a MarketFeeder Pro update with an option to use third-party information sources.

Predicted race times

What do you think about this service? Do you need such information? What do you think could be added or changed here?

We would be really thankful for any feedback. Let's push betting to a new level together!
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
Re: Evolution of betting
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2018, 21:34 »
Hi Tim

Thanks for sharing this with us...as you say, the time ranges at this early stage are probably too broad to be particularly useful, but it's an interesting version 1.0

the ability to use data from third party sources sounds very interesting. Are you able to elaborate on this aspect of the future update yet?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2018, 20:14 »
Thank you for your feedback, armarni.
We've not decided yet how to implement this feature without reducing trigger performance.
Probably something like "set user variable" but the data is received from an URL.
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2018, 20:16 »
This is a super teature.

Thanks guys!!
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2018, 10:45 »
I suppose nobody needs this service. Am I right?
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2018, 21:26 »
I find it very interesting to compare my bot calculated race times with the figures.So a good thing for me.Thanks

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE