Author Topic: MarketFeeder Pro 8.0 - BETA testing  (Read 184026 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: MarketFeeder Pro 8.0 - BETA testing
« Reply #150 on: 07 Nov 2014, 10:50 »
Update today tried to monitor 6 markets at 3 sec refresh started at 8 everything matched till 10.30 then started missing bets, have had to turn it off, surely got to be a memory issue as version 6 is still working fine with 18 markets and 1 sec refresh rate.

• All members
« Reply #151 on: 07 Nov 2014, 11:17 »
Just another update the problem seems to be when you try to repeat the action, I started with auto ditching with stop after each dutch unticked, I had to give that up as everytime it repeated quickly it missed the bets, I switched to a trigger with repeat no more often than 1 sec, when this is activated it misses bets, I think I read someone else is having the same sort ofproblem.

• All members
« Reply #152 on: 07 Nov 2014, 14:13 »
Hi,

I've experienced an issue with the Market Locator in V8.

I use a template with 3 conditions to search for specific markets within a football match.
I am using the conditions 'contains values in the file' & 'does not contain values in the file' in 2 of these conditions, which isolate the markets I want to load (can be 30+).

In V7 I use this search with all countries ticked in step 1 and it always worked well, only taking a few seconds to return the required markets.

V8 hangs for 15+ seconds and returns with no results.
However if I uncheck all countries and only tick the country I need for the specific match it works fine.  It seems that as soon as you get to around 4 countries ticked it fails.

It therefore seems there are new efficiency problems within the Market Locator?

Thanks.

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: 07 Nov 2014, 20:08 »
I've experienced an issue with the Market Locator in V8.

Could you attach your Market Locator template file so that I could inspect it?

It therefore seems there are new efficiency problems within the Market Locator?

The new API's architecture is a disadvantage for Market Locator, as what used to be available in just one query now requires a series of queries to BetFair, which takes time, traffic and resources. An example would be the number of places and the market's status - it used to be included in the general market info, now the program must make a separate query. The more markets there is to filter, the longer it'll take.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #154 on: 07 Nov 2014, 20:16 »
Hi, I've attached the locator template.

As mentioned it references two local files which have references to market names to either 'include' or 'not include'.

I paste the match name into the first condition, which isolates the match.

Effectively I am asking it to search for a specific set of markets in a specific match.

Thanks.

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: 08 Nov 2014, 08:46 »
UPDATE

I fixed the following issues:

I had several bets so far today that were matched and won but did not show a profit on the market screen under Settled P/L, but did appear on the statement as a profitable selection.  Example attached - Thunder and Rain was placed.  This has screwed my staking system today - my first live test of Version 8. >:(

It will now take longer for a market in real mode to get settled, as the program will have to wait till the actual bets are settled first.

there seems to be a problem with the retrieve bet list and account statement update in the general options.
when i am testing 2 versions i like to use test mode on the new version and live on the main version.
i have unticked both the retrieve bet list and account statement boxes in version 8, but the live bets still show, so no test bets are placed.
this works correct in all other versions.

- If there was a break in the connection to BetFair, and if you had "Synchronize local date and time with Betfair's" on, your system clock could be reset to 1899 with a possible crash following that action.

- Silks weight should be correct now, as well as the associated variable.

The following issues are still pending, i.e. I either cannot reproduce them or have not identified the reason they are occurring:

1. Some place markets are not being settled correctly.
2. Possible memory leaks (reportedly) under some circumstances.

I keep working on those, as well as general performance of the program. Will check on this thread later today.

I updated the setup file on the server.

pb, haven't spotted any problem with your template yet, perhaps you could send me those files that the conditions are referring to?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #156 on: 08 Nov 2014, 09:31 »
Hi Oxa,

In Settings/Betting Options (One Click Betting) the AUD default Back and Lay should be set at 5.00 it is currently shown as 4.00
also
a bug in the Default Lay SP Liability asking it to be set at 25+  AUD
If you could set both the Back and Lay liability at 25.00 that should solve the problem
Cheers
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: 08 Nov 2014, 12:55 »
In Settings/Betting Options (One Click Betting) the AUD default Back and Lay should be set at 5.00 it is currently shown as 4.00
also
a bug in the Default Lay SP Liability asking it to be set at 25+  AUD
If you could set both the Back and Lay liability at 25.00 that should solve the problem
I have just checked this, and if you have a fresh settings profile, i.e. not containing the previously saved settings, then the default bet amounts are 5 AUD for usual bets and 25 AUD for SP bets.
Could you please create a new profile from a scratch and check?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #158 on: 08 Nov 2014, 13:51 »
Thanks Oxa,
I did notice after creating a new profile you have to enter the Betfair mode first for it to work then enter TM.
Cheers
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
« Reply #159 on: 08 Nov 2014, 14:13 »
Sme issues again today unresponsive after about 2 hours, just checked my connection monitor to see if I can see any differences, I ran identical markets for ver 7 and ver8 and the only difference I can find is in that av number of bytes sent in a sec, vers 7 and ver 6 are a lot higher than 8, don't know if this is significant as I am not a tech. I was monitoring 6 identical markets with 1 sec refresh rate on both. thnks coling

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: 08 Nov 2014, 14:31 »
Coling, looking at the screenshots you attached, I can see that there are no apparent memory leaks in MF Pro - the amount of memory it occupies and the number of handles is pretty normal.

What exactly do you mean by "unresponsive"?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #161 on: 08 Nov 2014, 14:54 »
Hi Oxa it just starts missing bets it will be ok for about 2 hours never missing abet and then starts leaving unmatched bets, this is with just 1 market being refreshed at 1 second, if I have 4 or 5 monitoring takes about 10 minutes before it happens. Are you sure send and receive figures are right as there is a massive difference between 7 and 8.
feeder 7 send 5364 receive 397093 total 402458.
version 8 send 544 receive 54639 total 55183.
this was with both monitoring 6 identical markets in test mode.
as I said I am not a tech so don't know what send and receive applies to

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: 08 Nov 2014, 15:17 »
Coling, so it is not exactly unresponsive, is it? Your bets do not get matched, but the program does not reinforce their matching, nor can it influence the matching process. Once it has posted the bet to the exchange, what happens then is entirely in the power of BetFair. When MF Pro sends Dutching bets, it does so at the current best available prices, but prices do change every millisecond, so they cannot be guaranteed.

I understand that you had a better experience with MF Pro 6.0, but should we say instead say it was the older API?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #163 on: 08 Nov 2014, 15:47 »
 I know it is new api but through experience of using the software for 8 years I know something is not quite right, how can the software work perfectly well for two hours and then suddenly become less responsive, and yes it is less responsive as bet refresh rate goes from .3 to as much as 15 seconds.The more markets you monitor at once the quicker it happens unles you change the refresh rate I was having the exact same problem when I tried version 7 became slow when monitoring more than 6 markets, so just cut to 6 markets and it worked fine, thought version 8 would be similar.Doesnt the massive difference between sent and receive data in version 7 and 8 mean anything.I am gutted that I cant get it to work as it is the best software on the market.Will be interesting to see how many other people have problems when monitoring multiple markets when they go live, as at the moment I presume people are in test mode and everything gets matched in test mode.

• All members
« Reply #164 on: 08 Nov 2014, 15:53 »
Not managed to get a single bet matched today, using a trigger that has worked faultlessly for the last 6 months.  Using the latest version posted and notice that the statement bar is flashing continuously.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE