Author Topic: MarketFeeder Pro 8.0 - BETA testing  (Read 184047 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Re: MarketFeeder Pro 8.0 - BETA testing
« Reply #315 on: 18 Nov 2014, 14:47 »
Hi armarni,

Sounds like we do very similar things.  I agree returning to the date/time format would be good but in the meantime (in case it helps you or anyone else) what I do is download the statement to csv using the save button at the top then paste them into a "statement converter" which restores them into the columns corresponding to my previous results from V6 adding the date today (from cell A1 of the second tab)  to each time.  Then I can paste values from the second tab to my accumulated results file.   (Dead simple I know, but it works for me.)

Converter file attached if it helps.  If this is not clear just ask.

• All members
« Reply #316 on: 18 Nov 2014, 17:32 »
Hi Alfaman

thanks for sharing your converter, much appreciated.  Reinstating the date in the time column would still be better for all of us I think, as both with your approach and what I do now means manipulating each days csv file individually.  If the date was already in the time column then we could simply merge all the csv files from many days at once and then sort them by bet amount and date.

Incidentally if it helps you or anyone else, how I merge csv files is I run a command prompt and navigate to the folder where my csv files are and then enter copy *.csv 1.csv  This creates a csv file called 1.csv with all the csv files in that folder merged into 1.  It saves endless opening of the individual csv files, selecting all and then pasting into a new larger one.

• Élite
« Reply #317 on: 18 Nov 2014, 17:35 »
Armarni

Thanks for that.

The good news is that a polite word to Betfair about the transaction charges has resulted in a full refund - result!

• Élite
« Reply #318 on: 18 Nov 2014, 17:43 »
Armarni,

What  brilliant little copy function - thanks.

It is also annoying (for me anyway) that in excel the commission amount falls in column D whereas all the other P/L amounts are in column H.  Makes totalising very hard.

If Oxa can't modify it I can derive (probably) an excel formula to 'suck' the date in the month out of the event name if that would help.

• All members
« Reply #319 on: 18 Nov 2014, 18:23 »
Brilliant news about your charges, and I'm glad the copy function is useful to you....it saves me a lot of time.

I use libreoffice (used to be called openoffice) rather than excel, and commission and profit or loss for each bet appear in the same column (H) in the csv file.  It might be to do with how Excel parses the data.  I've included a screen grab of the import settings from libreoffice calc in case it helps set Excel up differently for you when importing the results.

Fingers crossed Oxa will be able to reinstate the date in the time column, but if not I might take you up on your offer of trying to make a formula to get the date out of the event name.

• All members
Plea for new internal function (wrt Market name)
« Reply #320 on: 18 Nov 2014, 20:11 »
Hi Oxa,

I want to determine whether a race track is GB or IRE.  This seems to have disappeared from the market name with the new API.  I have just created a trigger (have only tested it against Lingfield and Fairyhouse in tomorrow's markets) which will determine whether the track is one of the 26 Irish ones or not (screenshot attached).  To help reduce CPU workload, it would be more CPU efficient if this could be coded rather than being parsed every time per market I suspect.

So.....can a new market variable (e.g. market_is_Irish) be created and set to 1 if the race is at an Irish racetrack, 0 otherwise please?

thanks,

Wez

• Élite
« Reply #321 on: 18 Nov 2014, 21:48 »
Wez,

There is a new variable in V8 (latest version) which is market_country that returns GB for UK and IE for Irish - that should help you.

I did what you have been doing many years ago in V6 but it is not necessary now.

see attached

• All members
« Reply #322 on: 18 Nov 2014, 22:06 »
Hi Alfaman,

Many thanks - I overlooked that change.  That will certainly streamline things  ;D

regards

Wez

• Élite
« Reply #323 on: 19 Nov 2014, 07:56 »
Armarni,

In case it helps you or anyone else the formula to get the date from the event name is attached with a few examples.

Date (as in the number of the day of the month) given in col I.

More simple than I thought.  Works for all the examples I tried.  If anyone uses it and it fails for any other examples let me know and I will amend it accordingly.

• Élite
« Reply #324 on: 19 Nov 2014, 08:47 »
What I am finding quite annoying is that in the action log it does not tell you which market the bet has been placed on,  but it does tell you the selection name and the trigger name that placed the bet.

However, to investigate why a bet was placed on a selection, now the trigger logs are inconveniently split by race (unlike V6), you cannot just look in the trigger log of that name, as you have to know which market it was betting in first.

It is a contradiction that if the trigger cancels a bet - it DOES tell you which market the selection was in.

• All members
« Reply #325 on: 19 Nov 2014, 08:59 »

In case it helps you or anyone else the formula to get the date from the event name is attached with a few examples.

Thanks for making that Alfaman.  I'm still hoping Oxa will reinstate the date in the time column, as even with your forumula we would still have to enter month and year manually to keep track of strategies over long periods of time, where as if the date is burned into each entry in the statement then the information is already there.

As lots of strategies have seasonal variations, it seems an oversight not to be able to sort results by date so that this information can be gleaned from the statements.

• Administrator
« Reply #326 on: 19 Nov 2014, 09:06 »
OK, just to reassure you that I'm reading this topic with a "todo" list ready to be updated. Will comment on your posts later.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #327 on: 19 Nov 2014, 13:20 »
Market feeder pro 8.0 crash when I try to monitore a market with at list one  non runner. This happens for Aus, Us, Horse Race, Forecast and Reverse Forecast UK Race and for AUS Greyhounds.

Thanks for the attention

• All members
« Reply #328 on: 19 Nov 2014, 13:26 »
I've just had a "live chat" complaint with Betfair about the AUS/NZL/dogs/late scratching/MFP8 crashing fiasco.

This is their response :-

"We are aware of these issues and are currently being investigated by Aus and UK teams with a high priority."

Fingers crossed !

pfc

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #329 on: 19 Nov 2014, 15:17 »
Hi Oxa

Im sorry but i think i find another one  :-\

See the bellow pictures, its much more easy to me explain that way because of language problems :)

Thanks
pcal72
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE