Author Topic: MarketFeeder Pro 8.9.2.1: more flexibility in Dutching bets  (Read 8529 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I hope in the next version you can solve the event_id issue i talked about in the support (my open ticket).
It should be solved now (see the Problems Fixed section). Have you experienced it with the new version?
Hi Oxa,

You are right. I had just checked my support ticket and as it wasn't closed i wrongly assumed it hadn't been solved.

As the variable (event_id) was not behaving as it was supposed, i am not using it. So, now, i will need to change the trigger to implement it. It will, certainly, take a while to do that ,as i am a bit busy lately and this is not a simple change.

Anyway, when i, finally, manage to do the necessary changes, i will tell you how it is working.

Thanks

• All members
Re: Invalid floating point problem
« Reply #16 on: 12 May 2021, 02:41 »
Hi Oxa,

I have not uploaded to 8921 yet, but I upgraded my computer about a week ago. That required a reinstalation of MFP 8.
Since then, I have suffered the invalid floating point problem every day. It does not seem to occur in Real mode, only Test mode. 
I normally have three or four triggers running at the same time and I minimise the triggers as I generally work off an Excel spreadsheet, but if I want to maximise a particular trigger, that is when I will get the error message. Australian horse and greyhound races only.
I don't know if this helps, but I will be uploading 8921 in the next day or so, and will let you know if it is still occurring.

Bobh

• Administrator
Rich and Armarni, I've sent you private messages with the link to a special debug version of MF Pro that will generate some logs for me to look at, to be able to fix that annoying Invalid floating point operation bug.

Your assistance is so much appreciated!
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi Oxa

I've sent you a PM with the debug files from today.

Cheers

Armarni

• All members
Hi Oxa,

I finally took some time to make the necessary tests to the changes in the event_id variable.

Unfortunately the new version seems to have the same problem i pointed out some months ago. As you can see in both files i send.

In the FC WIT Tbilisi file you can see that there's a change in the event_id when you use different markets of the same event.

In the Real Monarchs file the difference exists even in the same market when the variable is measured at different times.

Regarding another problem, the program seems to continue not erasing football markets after they have finished as it was supposed. Anyway, i will make some more tests concerning this problem and if i can't find a solution i will report it here.

All tests were made in the 8.9.2.3 version.

Thanks

• All members
Hi again,

Now reporting about the 2nd issue - "Delete finished markets automatically" not always working.

As you can see on the file "Market Settings", i've set the program to delete finished markets automatically. In the "My Markets" file all those markets were let behind without being deleted although everyone has already finished. Some of them almost 1 day ago.

On the other hand, i made some tests without activating my trigger and the program deletes all finished markets as expected.

So, i would say the issue is related with the way my trigger is constructed and the way the changes implemented on this new version affected it. I never noticed this problem before, so, this must be related to changes made in the update.

The main feature i would englight of my trigger is that it stops refreshing some markets throughout the 2nd half of the matches.

It seems that if the market is being refreshed till the end of the match, MFPro deletes automatically it, otherwise it doesn't. But, that's just a trend as sometimes it seems this is not exactly what happens.

Since i updated to the 8.9.2.1 and then to the 8.9.2.3 version i had to delete manually the markets.

Thanks

• Administrator
Hello!

With cautious optimism, I can announce that the Invalid floating point operation problem has now been fixed in version 8.9.2.3!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
The main feature i would englight of my trigger is that it stops refreshing some markets throughout the 2nd half of the matches. It seems that if the market is being refreshed till the end of the match, MFPro deletes automatically it, otherwise it doesn't.

Hi BlueSky!

Yes, you have described it very well: unless a market is being refreshed, the program has no other means to find out if it is finished or not, so it won't delete it based on the settings you have attached. You would need to delete the market using a trigger instead of just stopping to refresh it.

Unfortunately the new version seems to have the same problem i pointed out some months ago.

That's an interesting puzzle! I'm looking into the reasons.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hi BlueSky! Yes, you have described it very well: unless a market is being refreshed, the program has no other means to find out if it is finished or not, so it won't delete it based on the settings you have attached. You would need to delete the market using a trigger instead of just stopping to refresh it.  
Hi Oxa,

I've been using the "stop refreshing market" function for almost 1 year. On all this time i've installed probably around 10 different updates of MFPro and never before i had to delete markets manually. After some time of the end of the match, MFpro always automatically deleted any market that remained on "My Markets".

To be 100% sure of what i am saying, yesterday night i re-installed the 8.8.1.8 version and used my trigger with the "stop refreshing market" function. As expected after the match finished all markets in "My Markets" were deleted, independently of they were being refreshed or not.

So, i can't talk you about what was the expected behaviour, but i can assure you that the behaviour has changed since the 8.9.2.1 version.

Thanks

• All members
Since upgrading to 8.9.2.3, I have not had any instances of the "invalid floating point" problem. That is a great relief!

I have also had no problems with any of the other aspects of MFP being discussed above.

bobh

• Administrator
To be 100% sure of what i am saying, yesterday night i re-installed the 8.8.1.8 version and used my trigger with the "stop refreshing market" function. As expected after the match finished all markets in "My Markets" were deleted, independently of they were being refreshed or not.

That's interesting. I'm trying to reproduce this behaviour. I installed 8.8.1.8, loaded a Greyhound market, stopped refreshing it after a while, set the finished markets to be deleted automatically, and am waiting for the market to be deleted. It is still there however after 15 minutes since its finish (see the screenshot attached). I have checked on BF website: the market is no longer there.

So I can't think of any way even the older version of the program can know whether the market has finished, unless it refreshes it.

Are the settings and steps taken the same in your setup?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Please could I request a function similar to 'delete markets at certain times of day' for 'import selections for auto-trading'. Currently this can only be set as something that recurs every x seconds. Every time you reload Marketfeeder you have to kick it off again. I need a file loaded at a set time every day so it's a real pain to set up each time.
Many thanks

• All members
Hi Mike

I've suggested this as well to Oxa.  

There needs to be an 'import selections for auto-trading' as a command that could be put into a trigger.  That way, it can be triggered at certain times of the day using the 'global time is' condition.  The 'play sound' command has a file path option so you can select the location of a sound you want to play, and 'import selections for auto-trading' could have a similar thing so you can choose the location of the file that you want to import.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE