Author Topic: Version 6.4  (Read 59952 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Re: Version 6.4
« Reply #45 on: 10 Sep 2010, 19:51 »
hi
before you go doing anything drastic.
tonight i experenced what you had, and i checked my cpu usage etc, and found the my sysem protector had kicked in and it was using up to 60% cpu at times and this is when the bot slowed down.
so check your virus/protector programs first, see if you can exclude the bots from checking etc, or try and set then not to activate when the bots are running.
i have just turn the process sheild off and all is back to normal.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #46 on: 11 Sep 2010, 02:26 »
The extra 'light bulb' introduced since the latest version, Activate / Deactivate Triggers in Market forces me to select every market I have loaded into 'My Markets' and click on every respective lightbulb so it goes 'yellow' in order to have all my loaded markets 'trigger sensitive'.

This is very annoying and a lot of work when you have lots of markets loaded, also easy to miss a few.

Don't really see the need for this 'extra light bulb', since triggers alrerady can be activated/deactivated by the upper lightbulb.

And users who don't want certain markets affected by the trigger.....just don't load them into your markets or delete them before turning the triggers active!

Or an option to turn the extra lightbulb off in 'settings' would suffice as I am sure lots of users have no need for it.

• Élite
« Reply #47 on: 11 Sep 2010, 05:59 »
hi Botfair
i load my markets and they are ready to go.
in the settings screen, make sure that you have selected  by default all selections  are active  for auto trading (in general options).
make sure that the light bulb at the top right of the bot screen is set for triggers activated (triggers, spanner , this light bulb), if it is red then no trigger will work unless you set the other light bulb in the market screen.
do this before you load the markets.
then after, all you do every day is load the markets and all will be automatic like it was before.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #48 on: 11 Sep 2010, 15:59 »
Thanks McBee, problem is, sometimes I load markets and then want to delete those that are already IP, since they would mess up my triggers, and when I see all loaded markets are idle, then I activate my triggers.

So, an option to turn off the newly introduced lightbulb in 'settings' would not be a bad idea, I think.

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #49 on: 11 Sep 2010, 16:30 »
 Hi Oxa
The strange “spirited” £2 bet has just happened again!

I confirm that I entirely understand how a request for a less than minimum bet size will turn into a £2 bet if the only odds available are 1000. However this appears to be a £2.05p bet since the 0.5p part was matched separately from the 1000 part of the transaction. 

Since the last time it happened,  I am now taking selections out of play (greyed out) in order that no triggering can be fired, in order to eliminate that possibility. 

You will see that "ladyanne" has the last matched back bet in play of 0.05p at 30 the bet was matched and left no bets unmatched that had been performed by the betting interface.

This is backed up by the information from Betfair where the 0.05p and the £2 were matched at the same time making £2.05, the action log info attached.  This never happened on the previous version 6.3 so just wondering what would make this happen twice now?

It could be that this is nothing to do with MF platform but there is clearly misinformation somewhere in respect of this lower than minimum bet size being matched not only with the required lower than minimum request at 0.05p but the £2 addition. 

Either way the information required to help identify the problems continue to be absent in the action log as can be seen from the attached portion.

Many thanks and any further suggestions welcomed.
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #50 on: 12 Sep 2010, 11:24 »
Hi betfair winner,
Reading about your issue, one explanation could be derived from how bets below the minimum are placed.

It is my understanding, and I believe is now generally known, that to bet below the Betfair minimum takes 2 bets.

Put on £2.00  ...... BetID = 1234
Put on 0.05p ...... BetID = 5678
Cancel BetID 1234 bet leaving your
0.05p bet with BetID 5678.

What if, instead of cancelling the BetID 1234, it was simply edited to read £2.05 with the same BetID 1234.
Since now there isn't 2 bets on record, a request to cancel the 1st bet IF there's more than 1 bet on the same selection would not work and you're left with your one (£2.05) bet.

That, I think would explain it.

If it does, it then begs the question, who is doing the editing?
MFPro software?, as hard coded OR via your instructions/triggers
OR
Betfair?, to discourage/penalise/catch-out those who bet below their minimum

Hope this helps

OT

If you lose...don't lose the lesson!

• Élite
« Reply #51 on: 12 Sep 2010, 12:47 »
Many thanks for the response Obias Trader
This is interesting and very enlightening!
Your summary was very poignant too. It does seem interesting that these bets are perhaps being edited.

I think I follow your reasoning but the strange thing is in over a year of using previous platforms this never happened to me once, but has happened twice now in just a few days, where a bet below the minimum was matched and then another £2 matched as well.

Anyhow one day one of these 1000/1 shots will surprise us all, and I will be very happy I got matched with an additional £2!  ;D
Thanks again ….
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #52 on: 12 Sep 2010, 13:26 »
hi
the 1000.00 odds win more times than you think, i checked a system with adrian massey and quit a few 1000.00 odds went on to win, i also double checked to make sure that the prices was correct and they were spot on.
i too have been hit in the past month with a few 1000.00 at 2€, i noticed it only happens when the true odds of the horse are 1000.00, so the first to get matched is the 2€, like you say the loss is worth the risk.
if you dont want to be hit with them try to set your max odds to 800.00 and use back_price not BEST, this way the bot should only bet if between your set odds and 800.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #53 on: 12 Sep 2010, 14:27 »
Hi Mcbee
Thanks again for the reply, you are of course dead right about the triggers needing limits which thankfully mine all have. However the bets in question were placed by the betting interface in running so here lies the problem .............

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #54 on: 12 Sep 2010, 17:57 »
the bets in question were placed by the betting interface in running  .............

Are they below minimum stake??
Fortune favors the brave!

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: 13 Sep 2010, 16:26 »
Don't really see the need for this 'extra light bulb', since triggers alrerady can be activated/deactivated by the upper lightbulb.

OK, will take your opinion into account. The ability to turn triggers off in particular markets was suggested by a bucnh of other users, who probably thought it made sense.

Maybe introducing an option to make bulk changes in multiple markets would be a workaround here. Certainly would help in other aeras.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: 13 Sep 2010, 16:34 »
BF Winner, I don't understand - did you bet £2.05 or did you bet £0.05 which ended up as 2.05 matched at 1000?  ???

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
« Reply #57 on: 13 Sep 2010, 18:59 »
Hi Oxa
My bet was for 0.05p which was matched in play,  and then about 1 minute later   the "green up" went "red" as the £2 part was also matched. This is the second time in a week it happened. the statement from betfair puts the two bets at £2 and the 5p at identicle times.
I have all the printouts but as usual was unable to attach them because of the 200mb limit.
Thanks

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: 13 Sep 2010, 19:30 »
My bet was for 0.05p which was matched in play,  and then about 1 minute later   the "green up" went "red" as the £2 part was also matched. This is the second time in a week it happened. the statement from betfair puts the two bets at £2 and the 5p at identicle times.

OK, so, what would you expect from MF pro in this situation?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
« Reply #59 on: 13 Sep 2010, 21:38 »
Nothing, except that it struck me as odd that it never happened with the previous version 6.3.

I was wondering if anything could have changed to make this anomaly happen twice?
The money side is irrelevant, but since you asked for feedback on our experiences with the new platform, this has been one of my experiences. It may be that others will have other experiences and because you know the programming inside and out, can better diagnose if a problem is related to another. It must be like putting the pieces of a jigsaw together sometimes.

Information i would suggest is key to be able to produce the ultimate build with no “issues”, and perfectly stable. And I know you are all working towards that ultimate goal. 6.4 may be it, and a few weeks down the line we will all know. The log problem has already been highlighted and accepted as needing a fix, so progress is being made already. :)

Thanks as always for your input Oxa.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE