Author Topic: Version 8.10.1.1: new min bet size; P/L Ratio; Betting Interface revamp  (Read 3907 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
[Improvements]

Minimum bet amount £1

Starting from February 7, BetFair has changed the minimum bet amount from £2 to £1. The new version of MF Pro reflects this change.

https://docs.developer.betfair.com/display/1smk3cen4v3lu3yomq5qye0ni/Additional+Information#AdditionalInformation-CurrencyParameters

More Currencies

We have added the support of the following currencies:

• Mexican Peso: MXN
  • Nuevo Sol: PEN
  • Hungary Forint: HUF
  • Iceland Kron: ISK
  • New Zealand Dollar: NZD
  • Argentine Peso: ARS
  • Georgian Lari: GEL

Betting Interface revamp

To avoid confusion in terminology, we have replaced some of the buttons in the Betting Interface with:

• Trade Out, with P/L Ratio %

If you press this button, the program will place a bet immediately, at the current best price available. If the prices are against you, i.e. if you lay at a high price and back at a low one, you will trade out to a loss. If you backed at a higher price than the one you laid at, you will trade out to a profit.

You can adjust how much profit or loss you want to apportion to the selection by specifying the P/L Ratio (read below).

• Attempt to green up, with profit % / profit ticks, with P/L Ratio %

If you press this button, the program will place a bet at a price that will be calculated based on how much profit (in percentage or ticks) you want to gain from this transaction.
If you specify profit %, the resulting profit after all your bets get matched, will be equal to that percentage of the size of the opening bet.
If you specify profit ticks, the price of the green-up bet will be calculated as the opening price improved by that number of ticks.

These actions should cover all trade-out scenarios.

‘What If’ P/L will now show when you move your mouse over the corresponding button

Less confusing and more efficient!
If you want to see how your P/L will change from any of the betting actions, hover your mouse over that button and see for yourself.

If you keep holding your mouse over that button, the “What If” P/L will be changing together with the selection’s prices.

P/L Ratio %

At last, you can adjust the portion of profit or loss you want to leave on a selection after a trade-out of open bets.
The classical green-up or loss distribution (or cash-out) places a bet that results in an even distribution of profit among all selections in a market, i.e. the ratio% is 50%/50% or 1/1:

Starting from this release, you have the power to adjust this ratio, for example, leave only 20% of profit on the selection and give out 80% for all other selection, meaning the profit will be distributed 1/4.

Alternatively, you may want to have 100% of profit (or loss) on the selection to which you apply the trade-out and 0% — on all other selections:

The P/L Ratio setting is now available in multiple places:
  • Betting Interface
  • Ladder
  • Engineer Mode
  • Auto-Greenup

Trigger actions:
  • trade out
  • green up
  • attempt to green up
  • distribute loss

Market variables:

In addition to the existing variable market_tradeout that returns the potential Profit/Loss from closing all open bets in the market with a standard profit ratio of 50%, you can now specify a different ratio:

market_tradeout_{ratio}

For example:

• market_tradeout_60 will return minimum profit or loss you will have in this market after you close all open bets with the ratio of 60%, where the traded-out selections will receive 60% of profit or loss and the rest of the market will receive 40%.
  • market_tradeout_50 will be equal to market_tradeout.

You can use trigger expressions in place of {ratio}, for example:

market_tradeout_(b_book/2)

Selection variables:

You can add _{ratio} at the end of the following two variables:

• tradeout_net_{ratio}
  • tradeout_pl_{ratio}

You can use user and market variables inside trigger expressions in place of {ratio}, for example:

tradeout_net_(myratio*0.4)

Set the ratio to any number between 0% and 100%.

The default ratio is 50%, meaning either profit or loss will be distributed equally.

2-step authentication

You can now log in to MarketFeeder Pro using the form even if you have turned on 2-step authentication for your account. Just generate and enter the 6-digit code into the special text box. This field is optional. If you have not activated 2-step authentication, do not use this field.

Remember username

You can now remember your username in an encrypted format between sessions.

Choose the exchange to log in to

You can choose an endpoint to log in to:

• International (betfair.com) — used by the majority of customers
  • Swedish (betfair.se) — for residents of Sweden
  • Romanian (betfair.ro) — for residents of Romania

“Choose markets to start/stop” becomes “Market Actions”

We have replaced buttons with icons to shrink this area and give more space for My Markets and Events Tree.

We also moved the Delete button to this group of actions. It may take some time to get used to this button being down below. We moved it down because we have heard complaints about people accidentally pressing Delete as it was close to sorting buttons.

Use market actions like demonstrated below:

Open / Save My Markets

You can save My Markets to a text file for a later use or likewise load them from a previously saved text file.

This is very convenient and will save you loads of time if you want to switch between lists of markets from different sports, such as football markets or horse racing markets.

Here is how to open a list of Greyhound markets from a file:

Press the Save My Markets button to save your current My Markets list to a text file. The format of the file is as follows:

Code: [Select]
{sport id} {market_id}

{sport id} {market_id}

The market IDs are separated from the sport IDs with the Tab character.

You can generate this file on your own, using any text editor or Excel.

Press the blue button to open a previously saved list and load it into My Markets.
Press the pink button to save the current My Markets list into a text file.

If any of the market IDs do not correspond to an existing market, they will be ignored.

If you are a Time Machine user, this feature promises you massive time savings.

You can keep multiple market lists and load them quickly when you want to test a particular strategy. For example, you may have the following proven and tested sets of markets:

• Over/Under x.5 markets
  • Win and Place horse racing markets
  • UK Greyhound markets
  • Tennis Match Odds markets
  • etc.

Now when you need to quickly switch from a horse racing trigger to a tennis one, you just save your racing markets to a text file, say, horse_racing_win_place.txt:

Then delete all markets from My Markets and open the previously saved tennis_match_odds.txt{/font] to load tennis markets:

Voila! Your tennis markets are loaded within seconds!

The ability to open market lists will also come handy for the users of BFStats. After purchasing a report, you will be able to download a file with the markets that fit the criteria for the strategy used in the report. Then you can load that file into Time Machine to backtest the strategy and create your own betting triggers.

Market sorting in My Markets

If you choose to sort markets by starting time, they will be sorted first by time, then alphabetically. This will make it easier to find the right market, especially if you have many different types from the same event, such as a football game:

"Spread Loss" becomes "Eliminate" Loss

To avoid confusions with the term “spread loss” which was often mistaken for “distribute loss,” we will now call it “eliminate loss”.
Eliminating loss means placing a new bet on a selection in such a way as to make that selection’s P/L zero by increasing the potential loss on all other selections:

[Bug Fixes]

The sorting order of multiple bets in a Real Mode account statement could be different from the way they were sorted on the BetFair website. This could cause confusion when reading the statement, e.g. the balance would not tally with the profits and losses of individual bets. The sorting order has now been aligned with BetFair’s.

Download MarketFeeder Pro 8.10.1.1

If you prefer to use the older version, here it is:

MarketFeeder Pro 8.9.2.3
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi Oxa
Thank you! A lot to digest here. Definitely an improvement to the betting interface. Will slowly put these amazing new features through their paces and will comment here. Thanks again :)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Nuts! Thank you very much!

• All members
Thanks for your hard work on this Oxa,

You mentioned that the 'Import selections for auto-trading' button might be added as a triggerable action, similar to how 'play sound' is handled with a file path.  I was wondering if that might still happen, as it would be useful to be able to automate this process in the same way that all the other functions of the software can be automated.

Thanks.

• Administrator
Thank you all for your comments and feedback!

You mentioned that the 'Import selections for auto-trading' button might be added as a triggerable action, similar to how 'play sound' is handled with a file path.  I was wondering if that might still happen, as it would be useful to be able to automate this process in the same way that all the other functions of the software can be automated.
That's still on the cards, just was not planned for this particular release.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Excellent brilliant work, as usual, from Oxa and the team.  I have been waiting for Betfair to reduce their minimum bet size, so that I can fully test my lay in play strategy on Aussie racing with small stakes and without the previous delay of three transactions.   So far in two days it has been performing excellently.   It's just a pity the commission is so high on Aussie racing when we have only 2% on UK/Ireland.

• Administrator
Excellent brilliant work, as usual, from Oxa and the team. I have been waiting for Betfair to reduce their minimum bet size, so that I can fully test my lay in play strategy on Aussie racing with small stakes and without the previous delay of three transactions. So far in two days it has been performing excellently. It's just a pity the commission is so high on Aussie racing when we have only 2% on UK/Ireland.

Thank you for the feedback rubold, and glad to hear of the stable performance. What is the average delay for you when placing bets below £1 now?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
I'm not placing bets under £1, as I stated the ability to place small bets of £1 or over without breaking Betfair rules or incurring excessive transaction delays, have been the key factors in live testing strategies at minimal risk.

• All members
Hi
Quick update: been using latest version every day and overnights since release with no problems. Thanks again. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
The new Version is working fine for me I have, however noticed a small issue that might catch some users out.

If you have the interface as your active window and a market selected - then press the standard Ctrl+Alt delete to lock your computer that market is deleted. 

I can see a few people being caught out here if they don't realize.

Thanks

• Administrator
MarkV, many thanks again for your feedback!

The new Version is working fine for me I have, however noticed a small issue that might catch some users out.

If you have the interface as your active window and a market selected - then press the standard Ctrl+Alt delete to lock your computer that market is deleted.
Well spotted! Thank you for reporting this, I have added this hotfix to the next scheduled release.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hi, when I open MFP there is no live link to download the latest update? the new version is usually hyperlinked to download, any help appreciated...

Thanks

• All members
Hi, when I open MFP there is no live link to download the latest update? the new version is usually hyperlinked to download, any help appreciated... Thanks
Hi
You can pick it up from the download page.

• All members
many thanks Mark :)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE