Author Topic: Version 8.5.1.2 - prefix for Each Way, a smoother Time Machine experience  (Read 21320 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
In today’s update:

IMPROVEMENTS

1. We have added the eachway_ prefix to refer to Each Way markets in horse racing. It works exactly in the same way as winplace_. E.g. to get the back price of the favourite in the Each Way market, call eachway_r_1_back_price. If you are comparing a selection’s price to the price of that same selection in the Each Way market, use:

Selection’s Back Price is greater than eachway_back_price.

If you are using it inside an Each Way market, then it will point to the Win market of the same race. E.g. if you call eachway_b_book from inside the Each Way market, it will return the back book% of the Win market that corresponds to this Each Way market.

Note: if you call a variable with this prefix from inside a Place market, it will point to the Each Way market that belongs to the same horse race.

2. We have added the variable ew_id that returns the ID of the corresponding Each Way market.

3. We added the ability to store your Time Machine database file in a custom folder on your computer. For some users, this file gets so huge that may take up all of their drive C, so they now have the option to move this file elsewhere. Just check the new setting “Path to the folder where the database file is stored” in the “Time Machine” tab.

4. Your Time Machine markets are much more organised now! We added new Calendar nodes to the “All Purchased” category in the Time Machine event tree (see the screenshot attached). You can now browse them by year, month and date rather than by leagues and countries. This is ideal if for example you want to run a day’s worth of football matches.

BUG FIXES

1. We fixed the bug in Each Way markets whereby settled lay bets in Test Mode were not calculated correctly if the horse took a winning place.

2. We improved the way Time Machine files are downloaded (the historical markets data). It turned out that occasional markets may take up tens of megabytes of memory, and this could lead to all kinds of errors messages on some users’ computers when the system was running out of memory. We now download the market data using intermediate files in the folder where your Time Machine database is stored, so your RAM should not be affected. This should ensure a much smoother Time Machine experience.

3. A trailing square bracket at the end of a trigger expression would disappear after the trigger was copied and pasted. We fixed this bug.

DOWNLOAD

This version is out for testing but has not been made official yet.

Click here to download the new build.

Please leave your comments here if you encounter any problems with the new features.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Administrator
I wonder if anyone has tried the new build? I would really appreciate your feedback, especially if you are a Time Machine user.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hi Oxa

Apologies this feedback isn't about the new features that you need to hear about.  

The very useful bet lifetime feature is new to me in this version (I skipped the last build). It's a small suggestion, but could the clock icon change to a different colour when this is set?  It would be a useful visual shortcut to see if it is active for a trigger, as currently you have to hover over the icon to get that info.

This build has been stable for me so far, thanks for all your efforts

• Administrator
Hello armarni,

This is a great idea, will note it down, thank you.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hi Oxa

I think I've found a bug in the current build.  Soccer markets if loaded from the normal interface list 'Soccer' as part of their market name. But the same market loaded from the market locator lists 'Football' as the parent market.

I've included a screen grab of the same market loaded both ways to highlight the problem

It might not seem like much, but it plays havoc if you have triggers that work over multiple sports, some avoiding soccer and some betting in American Football.

I always load from the market locator, and as a result with this new build of mfp, I have triggers that were built to avoid soccer which are now merily placing bets as the markets name is now coming up as football instead!!!

I noticed in the announcements for the previous version (which I didnt install) you listed a bug fix of: The market_parent variable was giving the wrong text if the market had been added by Market Locator. Whatever has happened, something is now wrong with this part of the programme.

I think this is quite a serious bug at the moment, because (as I outlined above) it means that the programmes behaviour has changed fundamentally if a trigger from a previous build is used with it. 

• Administrator
 Soccer markets if loaded from the normal interface list 'Soccer' as part of their market name. But the same market loaded from the market locator lists 'Football' as the parent market.
I will look into this, thank you for letting me know.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hi Oxa

Just for your info, I got this error message when I was closing the programme this morning. I've never seen it before with earlier builds.

• Administrator
Thank you for letting me know. This could be a one-off thing, if it comes back, please report.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
Soccer markets if loaded from the normal interface list 'Soccer' as part of their market name. But the same market loaded from the market locator lists 'Football' as the parent market.

We have found out that BetFair has changed the wording of this sport from "Soccer" to "Football" for logged-in users in English-UK locale.

We had to manually change that back to "Soccer" to ensure the compatibility with the existing program settings.

You do not need to reinstall the software, just try again to see the changes in action.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Thanks for doing that Oxa

I think another thing betfair have done is changed the market_parent information.  Previously this contained soccer, so I would exclude exclude soccer matches using 
FIND("Soccer", "market_parent") is equal to 0
Now the market_parent is much shorter and just includes the names of the 2 participating teams (in soccer matches that is).  This obviously creates an issue for the above trigger expression.

Infact, market_parent used to contain all the info that is now in market_name.  Can you confirm that this is a betfair api thing and not something that's been inadvertently switched around with the new build?

• All members
At least Betfair is to be applauded for once by giving the sport it's correct name, rather than some made up name that no country in the world uses other than USA.

• All members
At least Betfair is to be applauded for once by giving the sport it's correct name, rather than some made up name that no country in the world uses other than USA.
lol
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
As a football fan Rubold I totally agree....but as a person who places bets in American Football and Football, the soccer category was a lifesaver!

• All members
Can you confirm that this is a betfair api thing and not something that's been inadvertently switched around with the new build?

Just answered my own question. I installed an older version of mfp and the situation is the same, so the issue appears to be a change that Betfair have made, nothing to do with mfp.

I'll do some trigger rejigging.

• All members
Just answered my own question. I installed an older version of mfp and the situation is the same, so the issue appears to be a change that Betfair have made, nothing to do with mfp. I'll do some trigger rejigging.

OOOPS spoke too soon! I'm afraid that the problem is still there in the current version.

I have uploaded 4 pics to try and clearly illustrate it:

This morning, I installed the previous build and loaded a soccer match from the side bar, and then from the market locator.  I then reinstalled the latest build and did exactly the same thing with the same match. On all the pics I have the market_name & market_parent variables visible

As you can see from the pictures, version 8.4 and vers 8.5 treat market_name & market_parent exactly the same when loaded from the side bar.

However, when loaded from the market locator, the previous build has Soccer listed in the market_parent, but the current build is fundamentally different and just has the name of the 2 teams listed there.

I hope that clearly shows the issue that's arisen. As I said before, I skipped the previous build (8.4.3.2) from september, so I'm unsure if the anomaly arose then or in the current version

This omission of part of the parent market name is playing havoc with my triggers.

If it's a deliberate decision on your part to change how the information is listed in market_parent then fair enough. But if you could let me know if that's the case then I will change my triggers accordingly.  But you need to be aware that the change can cause major problems in current triggers that are designed to work across multiple sports.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE