Author Topic: Version 8.6.1.1 -- Limit the number of refreshed markets etc.  (Read 6422 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
In today’s New Year update:

Improvements:

1. We have added the option to limit the number of simultaneously refreshed markets or events. See the attached screenshot limit_refreshed_markets.png to find this option in Monitoring Options. Use this option to save the resources of your computers when maintaining a large number of markets in My Markets list. 

This can be of great help if you use Market Locator to add markets automatically, and on a typical Saturday evening there can be hundreds of, say, football markets available. This option works in the following way: suppose, you have 100 markets that are about to start refreshing. If you chose to limit the number of simultaneously refreshed markets to 10, the program will start refreshing the 10 markets whose starting time is closest to the current time. Once any of those markets stop refreshing (regardless of the reason – you could stop them manually or they could finish on their own), the next closest markets will start refreshing, again, to the total number of 10 and so on.

If you choose to limit the number of events, then the program will aggregate your markets by their sports event (for example, Match Odds and Correct Score markets of the same football match will count as one event) and again limit the number of simultaneously refreshed events. That said, if one of the markets in a particular event stops being refreshed, for example, an Over/Under 0.5 goals stops after a goal is scored, provided that there are other markets belonging to this event, the program will not start refreshing another event, until all markets of the former event have stopped.

Please note there is no way to turn this option off entirely. You can set the limit to the highest number of 500. We believe that no currently available PC can maintain more markets than 500 at the same time (we strongly suspect that this number is often in the range of 80–100 in practice).

You can still refresh any market you wish manually by pressing the refresh button.

We have also added a trigger variable returning the number of markets that are currently waiting to be started, waiting_market_num.

2.      In the triggers, you can now set a trigger to be executed “once per sports event.” This will make it fire only once per a match/game/race etc., even if you are monitoring several markets belonging to that event. The new feature will help a great deal with cross-market strategies involving bets in different markets of the same event. We are preparing some trigger examples to demonstrate the benefits of this feature.

3.      In the triggers, you can check the number of times a trigger was executed in the current sports event using the new condition parameter:

Trigger’s Number of runs in the event is equal to/greater than/less than …

So for example, if you monitor all Over/Under markets of each football game, you can use this condition to limit the number of bets you place in one game to, say, 2:

Trigger’s Number of runs in the event is less than 2

So if the trigger backs on Under 0.5 goals and Under 2.5 goals, it will stop there and will never back on Under 3.5 Goals, etc. until you start refreshing another match.

4.      In the triggers, we have added a new variable scope:

Individually per each sports event

As the name suggests, you can now define a variable to be “seen” inside a particular sports event, such as a race, a game, a match, etc. So for example, if you want to lay on 0-0 in Correct Score and in 10 minutes back on Over 0.5 goals for a fraction of the first bet’s liability, you can set a variable liab_00 in Correct Score right after the lay bet, and then use that liab_00 variable in the trigger that backs on Over 0.5 goals – the variable will be seen in that market (see the trigger example attached)

5.      We now distinguish between winners and placed horses in Place, TBP and Each Way markets in horse racing and Greyhound racing. You will now see two types of labels in a settled Place markets – “Winner” and “Winning Place” instead of just “Winning Place” (see the screenshot winners_and_placed.png attached). This should help calculate the settled P/L of some bets more accurately.

You can download the new version (we will make an official release a bit later) from this link:

MarketFeeder Pro 8.6.1.1

Happy New year to everyone and the best of luck in 2018!
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi Oxa,

I upgraded to the latest version this week and the Market Locator has stopped working for me.  

I get a "critical failure of the Market Locator" error on first hitting the Add Specific Markets button.  I hit OK on the message and then get a "Unable to open Market Locator" error.

Then I get a "It appears that you already have Marker Locator open" error message when I again hit the Add Specific Markets button but I haven't got the locator open!

Any ideas please?  It worked fine before the upgrade!

regards

Wez

• Administrator
Hello!

Can you see the file named mlocator.dll in the folder where you have installed MF Pro?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hi Oxa,

no is the answer!  Is it missing from the installation file?
How do I re-install it?

regards

Wez

• Administrator
Your antivirus might have killed it for some reason (we'll have to restart negotiation with Microsoft Security Essentials).

For the time being, just redownload and reinstall, but wait until tomorrow -- we're preparing a fix for the "Previous Triggered Event's Status is settled" bug. We'll announce the right time to re-download in this topic.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
Hello!

We have fixed the problem with the "Previous Triggered Event's Status" trigger condition.

Please redownload and reinstall version 8.6.1.2.

We apologise for the inconvenience!

Many thanks to everyone who reported the problem!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
I am still getting the market locator error

• All members
Do you have a fix for this yet?? Thanks

• Administrator
Hello!

Can you confirm you have the file named mlocator.dll in the folder where you have installed MF Pro?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hello! Can you confirm you have the file named mlocator.dll in the folder where you have installed MF Pro?
Hi and thanks for the reply.
Yep I do have that file in this folder 😀

• All members
Like this

• Administrator
Thanks, wehey!

I sent you a private message with some details regarding this, please respond to it when you have time. Thank you.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE