Author Topic: Version 8.7.8.3 - Import by Trap, user variables for selections, login via proxy  (Read 5684 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
IMPROVEMENTS

1. Time Machine
There is an option to highlight the winning selection(s) in each market. Actually, you can now opt out of this feature, as it used to be ON by default.

2. Triggers Editor
If you have any unsaved changes in the trigger file you’ve been working on, the program will alert you and ask whether you want to save the file when you try to close the window.

3. There is a new trigger variable sel_trap for selections in Greyhound races, as well as a condition parameter “Trap”. The trap number is often equal to a selection’s index, but not always:

4. Selection Import
There is a new way of importing selections into MarketFeeder Pro from a text file. Instead of using names, you can use trap numbers for Greyhound markets.
Basically, now you have the ability to, say, import all Traps #3 in all Greyhound markets, or to import specific trap numbers in specific markets. Examples of syntax:

#3#
#4#

This is to import all Traps #3 and #4 for all Greyhound markets.

["Harl 01/06/2019 10:27"]#3#
["Henl 01/06/2019 10:43""]#2#

This will import Trap #3 from 10:27 Harl and Trap #2 from 10:43 Henl.

Besides, the program is now able to perform the approximate string matching between the text inside the file and the actual names of selections as stored on BetFair. This means that you do not need to make sure that the data in the file matches the names of selections to every character. If one or more characters are missing or differ from BetFair’s spelling, MarketFeeder Pro will likely still find these selections. Example:

To enable this feature, insert * in front of the lines in your import file to which you want to apply the fuzzy search.

5. You can use a proxy to log in to MarketFeeder Pro from a secure built-in form. In some countries or areas direct access to the online exchange may be restricted, e. g. by a local ISP. You can use any of the free or paid proxy servers available to log in to your account. Naturally, the proxy server must support secure traffic (i.e. it must be an SSL proxy).

6. There is a new variable scope “Individually per selection”. This is a breakthrough in trigger development, as you will be able to do things you couldn’t do before, such as complex staking plans involving several selections on which bets are placed asynchronously and on different conditions that vary for different selections. To give you an example, you can now remember the Weight of Money (WOM) each selection had at, say, 5 minutes before the off and then place a bet on any selection whose WOM has reversed (i.e. the majority of money used to be on the back side and now went to the lay side and vice versa).

Here is a trigger that does the trick (will work in the new version only):

Backing and Laying based on the change in WOM

Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi Oxa
Thank you for this super update. The new user variable scope per selection is really fantastic and opens up a lot of opportunities. One thing I spotted might be of help:

If a constant is used to initialise a user variable which has a scope per selection, then the variable scope will remain global. Obviously the way to initialise would be using a trigger with the scope set to per selection.

Thanks again :)

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
MarkV, thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you agree on the importance of the new variable scope. ;D

Obviously the way to initialise would be using a trigger with the scope set to per selection.

Yes, that's exactly the way you would initiate variables with a non-global scope.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
Hello

Congratulations, this is a great update.

Yes, MarkV is right, this new way to work with this variable will bring a new way to develop triggers, with new possibilities and improving more performance on old triggers.

All this only possible because all of you are a amazing team.
Many thanks
Pcal
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• Administrator
That's very encouraging, thank you PCal!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
Very interesting update!

One question:  approximate string matching   is this designed mainly for horse racing or did you test is with football markets, too?

• Administrator
Very interesting update! One question: approximate string matching is this designed mainly for horse racing or did you test is with football markets, too?

Hello!

The approximate string matching should work with all types of sports.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Thanks Oxa

The "Individually per selection"... was possible before but very cumbersome to achieve... this will make things a lot easier!

• Administrator
Thanks Oxa

The "Individually per selection"... was possible before but very cumbersome to achieve... this will make things a lot easier!

Thanks for a positive feedback, liltbrockie!
Are you having any issues with Market Locator in this version?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Oxa... due to lack of UK horse and greyhounds I have not renewed my subscription... Which is a shame as I would love to try out the new version!!

I never HAD any problems with the market locator... .. so why do you ask?!

Is there a known issue?

Matt

• Administrator
I see. There are rumours here and there about the UK racing to resume somewhere towards the end of May / early June, without spectators, so fingers crossed for that!

Regarding Market Locator, some users have had issues with opening ML in the latest version, so I'm just gathering as much data as possible.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Hi Oxa,

Sorry to butt in.

Using latest version.

Yesterday I had problems with AUS horse race markets.

Everything was OK until mid afternoon then the Market Locator suddenly greyed out all future races and all updates stopped.
They did not recover.

I closed and restarted the program. No joy.

Trying again today, first race not for another hour so fingers and toes crossed!

Another issue, sorry to be a nag, when I click Program Logs no joy.
After waiting 5 minutes nothing appears.

Periodically, a yellow banner appears with a dialog:
"A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do. Stop it. Wait."
Clicking on either 'Stop it' or on 'Wait' seems to have no effect.

BTW, I have no other web page open.

Is the message generated by MFPro?

Should Program Logs be regularly flushed from memory? If so, how?

Thank you for any assistance!

• All members
Today I can report that the Market Locator and updates for the program ran fine!

However the sluggish behaviour of the Program Logs remains.
Not a huge issue, mostly an irritation.

• Administrator
Hello!

Thank you for reporting these issues.

Market Locator cannot grey out markets (I presume you mean that they are displayed as Finished when they shouldn't be), it is done by the program if it does not receive any data for the markets. It would be super-helpful to take a look at your Program Log, but I realise what you said next:

However the sluggish behaviour of the Program Logs remains.
Not a huge issue, mostly an irritation.

It could be that you have too many logs accumulated. It's worth clearing them up. Turn on "At the start of the program clear log records older than ... days" in Logger Options and set this to 1 or 2 days, to store only the recent logs and erase the rest of them.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Thanks Oxa for your prompt reply.

I found Logger in Settings and have followed your suggestion.

The greying out could have been a Betfair issue perhaps.

We have several timezones to contend with in AUS and on top of them there is summer/winter time adjustments in some states but not others (I know, dopey!).
At times Betfair seems to struggle to cope to get the races into correct time order.

Thank you for your help!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE