Author Topic: Version 8.8.1.8 - Game Betting markets  (Read 5283 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Version 8.8.1.8 - Game Betting markets
« on: 28 Oct 2020, 10:41 »
Improvements

We have added Game Betting to Market Locator to help you search for Game Betting markets in Tennis.

Beware: where this type of betting is available, each tennis match contains at least 39 markets, so you will quickly exceed the maximum of 300 markets at a time if you set a wide time frame for your search. We recommend to limit it to 1 hour, or ~0.05 days.

We have also linked Game Betting markets to the Match Odds or Set Winner markets of the same tennis match, which means you can now apply cross-market strategies, such as game-by-game loss recovery; create user variables with the scope of “Individually for each sports event” and perform triggers “once per each sports event”. But this is only possible if you load Match Odds or Set Winner together with the Game Betting markets! (BetFair, for some unknown reason, considers such markets to have a different event ID, hence the difficulty).

Problems Fixed

As with the previous builds of MF Pro that were released after 8.8.1.1, we tackled the problem of dropped connections to BetFair’s server, which generated a bunch of problems, such as -1 for available funds and balance, prematurely finished markets and various “Access violation” errors.

According to the latest reports from a selected group of customers, these problems are now gone and the latest version is stable. Therefore, we encourage you to upgrade as soon as possible, as the older versions will probably not work stably because they were not designed to address the recent changes to the way BetFair processes multiple requests to its servers.

Download MarketFeeder Pro 8.8.1.8
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: Version 8.8.1.8 - Game Betting markets
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2020, 11:42 »
Thanks OXA

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2020, 15:16 »
Hi Oxa

I'm afraid That I got 'unknown markets' and 'greyed out' market errors today with the latest build.  Version 8.8.1.7 was solid for me, so I don't know if it's a coincidence that the errors have reoccurred since the new version was released, but I was running 8.8.1.7 for well over a week with no issues, and I updated to 8.8.1.8 this morning and got these problems.

Can you let me know what you think is happening.  I do refresh a lot of markets simultaneously, but had no issues for many years until everyone started to get issues a few weeks ago

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2020, 15:47 »
Hello!

The "Unknown path" error is unrelated to this version: it is a result of the delay between a market appearing in the API and still not appearing in the tree of events. Therefore, technically it's there to load, but there is still no information about it in the corresponding category on BF. Happens a lot if you try to look for markets well ahead of their starting time. We are trying to tackle this.

The rest of your errors have to do with trying to either cancel a BSP bet or when a market is suspended, or trying to place an under-minimum bet with too a small amount. Please check the parameters of the bets the triggers are placing.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2020, 18:28 »
Thanks for the explanation Oxa.

I would say that the picture I took of the market locator was taken at about 1.20pm GMT and, as you can see, the market starting in 5 minutes (as well as all the other markets) is listing as an unknown market, so your explanation of the delay between the api and the tree of events doesn't quite make sense to me, as surely an event starting in 5 minutes should be in both!

I will load markets on an hourly basis and see if that helps, thanks for the advice.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2020, 06:28 »
Let me look into this and get back to you...

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2020, 21:04 »
I will try to explain what is happening.

BetFair keeps a huge file of all events available in the tree of events (the one you can expand down to the end market, such as Horse Racing / GB / Ayr 31st Oct / 15:27 2m Hcap, etc.). They encourage users to refresh this file every half an hour to check for new events.

Normally this file is in line with the list of markets they have in their database. Market Locator searches through this database (via the API), picks qualifying markets and then searches for their full path in that huge file (which is not part of the API).

What has started happening lately is that the market is there in the database, i.e. Market Locator has found it, but its full path is not there in the reference file. Sometimes it's there for a while, then disappears, then appears again. Hence the Unknown Path issue.

I know this sounds like none of your problem and something we should not "whine about", but my point is, this is an obstacle we're dealing with at the moment.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 01 Nov 2020, 08:50 »
Thanks for the detailed explanation Oxa.

I hope I didn't come across as whining, as that was not my intention.  I just wanted to flag up that there was a problem to see if there was anything that could be done about it.  I really appreciate all the effort that you are putting in to resolve the issues that betfair's tweaks to the API are causing through no fault of your own.  

I assume that while mfp is refreshing the markets and reloading them, that the performance of triggers firing at that time would be badly effected?  If so, then refreshing the markets every half hour might not be sensible, as if you have inplay triggers running at high refresh rates on active horse racing markets, these would not then fire correctly while the market locator was doing it's thing.

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 01 Nov 2020, 14:03 »
I hope I didn't come across as whining, as that was not my intention.

No, no, it's the other way round: I said we, as the developers, should not be whining about the discrepancy between the two BetFair endpoints, I certainly wouldn't use that language with respect to our clients, especially not with someone as loyal as you!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 01 Nov 2020, 20:12 »
Hi Oxa,

I would like to echo what armarni said...

I really appreciate all the effort that you are putting in to resolve the issues that betfair's tweaks to the API are causing through no fault of your own.

I think you've really done a lot of fantastic work with MFP and you continue to as well. The support you've given is brilliant. With little information and no notice to changes, you've always found a solution and quickly too. The software is amazing!

Reggie

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #10 on: 02 Nov 2020, 06:19 »
I all

I think that something happens here that you don't see often.
WellDone actually needs its customers but its customers also need this fantastic software.
This created a perfect symbiosis between the two sides, where they all help and interact with the same objective.
Create this great software, bigger and bigger, more and more perfect.
And all of this is only possible because we have a WellDone team interested in its customers and we have a large number of customers focused on helping Welldone.

Many thanks. both sides.
pcal
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 02 Nov 2020, 12:00 »
Thank you for all the faith you have it MF Pro!

We are working on the next release which will use alternative ways to recreate the path (full name) to the markets that are missing in the main BF file.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE