Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Barry on 28 May 2019
  • Hello,

This has been a little confusing to explain so I apologise if it doesn't make sense!

However, to try explain my request through an example...

I want to lay £100 at 4.5 but there is only £20 available at 4.5. However, there is £30 available at 4.6 and £50 available at 4.7. So if I lay £100 at 4.7, I believe Betfair will automatically take the money available at 4.5, 4.6 & 4.7. So this is similar to the 'best price' option in the settings but I am trying to set a variable that tells me that price (ie in this instance 4.7) which I can then set as my lay price but having no luck.

Is there a trigger that could fulfill the above example and return me the minimum price I require if I specify I require £100 to be matched?

Many thanks in advance

Barry
  • #2 by MarkV on 29 May 2019
  • Hi
    perhaps something like this in the price field:
    IF(lay_amount<100, IF(lay_amount+lay_amount2>100, lay_price2, lay_price3), lay_price)

with a condition:
    selections lay volume is greater than 100

• #3 by MarkV on 29 May 2019
  • ps
    for the above condition to be correct, the setting "Retrieve all price offers" should be switched off

or you could use this condition instead:
    selections trigger expression lay_amount+lay_amount2+lay_amount3 is greater than 100
  • #4 by Barry on 04 Jun 2019
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

A follow up question - if lay_amount+lay_amount2+lay_amount3 does not give £100, is there a way in which I could include a 4th price or even a 5th price, etc?

Regards

Barry
  • #5 by MarkV on 04 Jun 2019
  • Hi
    yes, in the settings you need to switch on Download all price offers
    and then use a combination of l_offered_{price} and r_ticks(price, ticks)
    e.g.
    amount waiting at three ticks higher after best lay price will be: l_offered_r_ticks(lay_price,3)
    amount waiting at four ticks higher after best lay price will be: l_offered_r_ticks(lay_price,4)
    etc.
    some prices may have zero offers waiting so you will need to play around with how many prices you want to check for your needs
Pages:
Actions