Author Topic: Need a developer please  (Read 3366 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Need a developer please
« on: 18 Jul 2012, 13:26 »
Hi all,

This looks like a great community having just joined, and if anybody can help I would really grateful.  I have tried to work out the triggers and it's a bit beyond me to be honest, but I will keep going with the help files.

In the mean time, I wonder if the following trigger can be devised?

I want to back and lay horses based on price trend...

1) so that if the price trend comes in from 7.00 to 6.00 within 5 seconds I want to back it, and then lay it off when it hits 5.00.  I want a stop placed that if the lay hits 6.40 then I also want to lay off.

2) I then want to set the reverse, so that if a horse goes out from 4.00 to 5.00 within 5 seconds, I want a lay bet placed.  If it then hits 6.00 I want to back it again or set a stop for odds of 4.80.

I want to do this as many times as possible on both conditions in every GB horse race win market in play.  I want to try this with £2 stakes to start with.

If it is not possible to do set both conditions in the same race, I am happy to just go with the second lay option.

Thanks in advance.  Also please feel free to tell me if this is stupid!   :D

• All members
Re: Need a developer please
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2012, 14:10 »
I can't help you to write the triggers as I am still struggling to write my own  :'(

I am able to tell you, however, that I am experienced in in-running markets. An awful lot can happen in five seconds - Frankel would have covered over 103 yards in that period running at his fastest .

Have you considered the possibility of removing timing from your triggers ?  You would be looking at a horse that was once 7, had become 6 and you hope for 5 to lay. These things would happen in an undefined interval of time.

I hope I've explained myself properly.  As your strategy is now it is difficult to include timing but, more important, a horse that was 7 can easily go to 1.01 or 1000 in a time frame of a long period like 5 seconds.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2012, 15:14 »
Hi
The mechanism of your trigger can certainly be achieved. You can find some example triggers which you can modify to your specific requirement here
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/green-up-hedge/
might also be worth looking at some of the other example categories.
As Nigel mentions above, in-running prices can move very quickly, and in addition, liquidity is much lower, with large gaps in the prices. I think your main obstacle here will be false or inaccurate triggering of your stoploss. On this, I suggest offering greenup / distribute loss prices, rather than waiting for them.     
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2012, 18:15 »
hi
this is a simple version for you to play around with and learn.
the .80=5 secs ie 5*.016
amount 2= your 2 euro bet
r_ticks(lay_price,-1) = only bet if the odds are within 1 tick, this gets better value, but you can alter it to
and is equal or greater than r_ticks(lay_price,-1)     (change the -1 to -3) for 3 tick difference
because you wanted the green or loss stop.
i have used the trailing loss stop option with 3 ticks, again you need to play abount with this setting to suit your betting, ie before start or inplay

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2012, 10:06 »
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for replying and also for your advice and help.   It's a nice introduction to the tool and forum to see people are willing to share and help.

I will play around with this tomorrow when I get some free time and let you know how I get on.  I will also play with the timing thing as makes complete sense

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE