Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by LB on 24 May 2010
  • Hi,
    I think I posted the message below in the wrong area.
    Do hope someone can assist.
    I learnt a lot by reading the manual & testing things but I reckon my poor brain is scrambled now & I can't figure out how to write this.
    Many thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
    do hope someone can help.

I have been running a trigger for a little while.
    Repeating trading block on favourite.
    I have a remember trigger set at a specific time to remember the favourite.
    I then have a back trigger that compares prices etc using the remember & then a lay trade out trigger.
    So far so good!

What I now want to do is to add in another condition.
    I only want the back trigger to back based on the second favourite's variables.

So I sat down & tried to write it.  I have failed.
    My questions:
    1)
    If I change my Remember trigger to remember the favourite and the second favourite, I can then apparently refer to both the fav and 2Fav at that point in time as 'name of remember trigger'_(index) .  The max number for the index would be 2.  How does the index number work. Does 'name of remember trigger_1 mean the favourite at that point?

2)
    I then want to compare the price of the 2Fav from the remember trigger with the price of the same selection at a later time.
    How do I make sure that I am referring to the same horse now as the position of the horse may have changed and may not be 2Fav now.

Any help would be very gratefully received.
    Many thanks.
  • #2 by richpotter on 04 Jun 2010
  • Hi LB

there is a selection variable which ID's the selection in the Betfair Database , sel_ID , perhaps you could use that in your trigger?

Rich :)
Pages:
Actions