Author Topic: Trigger needed  (Read 3201 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger needed
« on: 19 Jan 2010, 21:32 »
Hi,

unluckily i'm very green regarding trigger betting and i'm very anxious to test a strategy i've in mind so i need some help...

In particular i would need a trigger that:

1 - considers just markets whose favourite is priced between 1.31 and 1.70 a moment before the market turns in-play.
2 -  lay the favourite as soon as it touch 1.35 - it's ok to start immediately with a lay if the favourite price is in the bracket 1.31-1.35.
3 - lay the favourite again if the price goes does further to 1.23 or less.
4 - Spread the profit between all selections if the favourite's price reach 2.00. Of course this should happens only if one of the previous lays have been matched.
5 (optional) - ignore the previous actions and stop monitoring if the price of the favourite goes up 15 ticks before coming down to the 1.35 level.

Am i asking too much?  :P

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
Re: Trigger needed
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2010, 23:43 »
Hi Layne
try this......I am no expert but I think this should cover what you need. Let me know how you get on?
the optional part has got me a little stumped though; but there are others out there far better qualified than me to help you.
Good luck with this  ;D
Andy
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2010, 08:01 »
Hi and thanks for your help  :)

The script you suggested works for the trading part (lay and eventually lay again then spread the profit) but the first condition is not checked ("considers just markets whose favourite is priced between 1.31 and 1.70 a moment before the market turns in-play.") and that mess up the whole system since every favourite hitting 1.35 is layed.

I've tried to code it myself  but unluckily it doesn't work...and I won't say i'm surprised about it  ;)

The whole trigger i'm working on it's attached, it misses just the "optional" part.

I expected the "check odds" block to remove the market from the "my markets" panel - totally ignoring it for trading purposes - if the favourite price isn't in the right price bracket when checked - just before the market turns in play.

If the price bracket is ok i would like to process the other triggers, of course.

Looks like nothing happens...the "check odds" block is kind of ignored.

Checking the logs for that block i've entries like:

-----------------------------------------
21/01/2010 08:59:33:   Market Tennis / Australian Open 2010 / Mens Tournament / Second Round Matches / Federer v Hanescu / Match Odds has been refreshed.

Checking condition:  Minutes Before the Off is between 0.5 and 0.1
Condition is false.  Time remained is 0.45 minutes.
Remaining conditions in the block will not be checked.

21/01/2010 08:59:37:   Market Tennis / Australian Open 2010 / Mens Tournament / Second Round Matches / Federer v Hanescu / Match Odds has been refreshed.

Checking condition:  Minutes Before the Off is between 0.5 and 0.1
Condition is false.  Time remained is 0.38 minutes.
Remaining conditions in the block will not be checked.

Well...the condition is ALWAYS false. Why?

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2010, 13:45 »
I found this too.  I think you have to put the lower number first, ie

Minutes Before the Off is between 0.1 and 0.5

Despite the illogicality of this try that and see if it works.

alfaman

Try this - attempted to add the oprional bit as well:

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2010, 07:02 »
Alfaman, i've good news...it works :)

I'm talking about the "minutes before the off" workaround...now the trigger is processed correctly.

Haven't tested the "optional" part yet but i'm very confident you got it right...

Thanks a lot mate!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE