Author Topic: Trigger or VBA Macro for Settings/Monitoring Options. Help needed.  (Read 6622 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,
can anyone write me a trigger or a Macro to do the following:
In Settings/Monitoring Options/Market Refresh,
at 09:30 am
set 'start monitoring events at 720.00 mins before the beginning'

at 12:00 am
stop all monitoring and re_set to set 'start monitoring events at 5 mins before the beginning'
and
'stop monitoring events  at 0.10 mins before the beginning'

I'd be grateful for any help
Moose

• Élite
Hi Moose,

I am not that clever. I think you need to keep monitoring the markets for the triggers to act, but you could easily lengthen the refresh rate in the periods you are not interested in and prevent any triggers from firing in those periods, then speed up the refresh rate again when required.

Perhaps you could explain why you need this and it would help with a solution or work-around.

Alfaman

• All members
Hi Alfaman, thanks for your interest.
The first period up till noon is laying horses where conditions are met and requires constant monitoring. This trigger stops at noon.

I want to then change the monitoring to kick in just before the off and back those same horses, conditions met.

Using the four buttons, bottom left is not an option as it prevents further triggering.

I'm just using the constant monitoring  at the mo

• All members
Hi Moose,
Am I missing something or just plain ignorant.
What is the purpose of monitoring at different periods?
Why not set it to monitor at the beginning in this case 720 mins.?
Then set your triggers to fire if all conditions are met including
at what minute intervals before the event starts
example:
and markets minutes before the off is equal or less than 5.00
and markets minutes before the off is equal or greater than 0.10
Forgive me if I'm on the wrong track here but this is how I read it.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
Hi Racepro,
Thanks for your interest. What you're missing is that unnecessary monitoring of markets, for hours when minutes will do, uses valuable PC resources whether or not you're firing triggers... and a question mark after ignorant? LOL ;D. But I would never bad-mouth a hero or call him ignorant.   Remember what Thumper's Daddy said in Bambi: "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all". Not many people know this but he also said "Ten to eleven about a two to one on shot, represents value that only a fool would dismiss"
Best wishes
Moose (a very distant relation to Bambi, some say)

• Élite
hi moose
sorry but for the triggers to work, there needs to be a market been monitored.
so the ONLY way is to have triggers to alter the refresh rate at certain times.
us the current time option.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi mcbee, yes I'm aware that a trigger cannot fire unless the target market is being monitored. This takes us full circle to my original request for a macro, later edited to trigger or macro. The intention was to

"... at 12:00 am
stop all monitoring and re_set to set 'start monitoring events at 5 mins before the beginning'
and
'stop monitoring events  at 0.10 mins before the beginning'..."

This would have done away with the need to constantly monitor all markets waiting to fire a trigger.

I now know from your colleague Les that this is not presently possible. He has added it to a wish list for future dev.

Sorry if there have been mis-understandings and thanks to those who showed an interest and willingness to help me in my beleaguered state.

best wishes
Moose

• All members
To clarify further.
At present I run a VBA macro at midday which inserts several worksheets to the days workbook, collates all the data to one sheet and then filters out data to another sheet for later use.

I was hoping that someone could add to it to change settings/monitoring options/market refresh. It cannot be done atm.

Maybe someone out there can write an API declaration to do it? I don't know if it's possible but the Mf ethos seems to be steeped in boundless enthusiasm.

Moose

• Élite
Surely putting the refresh rate to a long gap will do what you want on saving processor power and API interactions. So, for example at noon let a trigger set the refresh rate to market_index*2 if the minutes to the start is >5.

So, the first race (which in UK horse racing could start pretty soon after 12:00, or even before) will refresh every 2 minutes.  Then another trigger puts this to your required refresh at 7 minutes before the off, thus allowing a margin in case the last refresh was at 5.01 minutes before the off and wont fire again until 3 mins before the off (missing some of your required monitoring period).

Depending on how many markets you have, the last race on could be on over 100 minute refresh saving processing. the other benefit of this and not just setting them all to one figure is that when they do refresh it will not all be at once, just one market every two mins or so.

If markets are deleted after settled then the trigger will reset the new first one in the list to 2 minutes etc.

If you do not delete markets when settled then have a couple of triggers bringing the nearest market to shorter refreshes as they approach (just in case the 7 minute trigger is missed by a refresh).

I believe AutoIT could be programmed to literally do the necessary screen clicks to do whatever you can do manually but I would not waste my life trying to code it. So you could reload the markets with new settings at some point if you wished.

Just a thought...........(have I missed anything (a comma perhaps?  ;))

• All members
Hi alfaman,
thanks again for your input. The heads up on AutoIT might be the answer. The dream is to let the machine do all the chopping and changing whilst I'm at the beach/pub/races/gym/english class? ;)

• All members
If you can afford to be at the beach, pub, gym etc you can afford a powerful PC with plenty of resources , mon ami :)
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE