Author Topic: And another Data charge  (Read 5328 times)

Tags:
  • All members
And another Data charge
« on: 22 Jun 2011, 16:33 »
 :-[ Another warning from BDP. Next time they charge me for real again.

I checked 'auto prevent exceed the limit', set Idle refresh to 10 sec, and IR refresh also to 10 sec. My strat doesn't need fast refresh.

I do load lots of markets, sometimes I have more than 30 or 40 being monitored simultaneously. But still, with those refres rates AND with the limiter CHECKED. I should be OK, shouldn't I?

I asked BDP for a rundown of the incurred charges.

Thanks for any advice that would allow me to run my strat without being charged.

• Élite
Re: And another Data charge
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2011, 17:02 »
hi
you will have to contact them, and ask them to send you a graph of your usage for a few days so that you can alter your settings to avoid overusing the api.
be carefull with monitoring markets constantly as your account WILL be closed if they think you are saving the data (no questions they just close your account).
make a trigger to stop refreshing any market that your bets are complete, so if you trade or whatever and the trade is complete stop refreshing the market.
if you back then lay when things look bad when the lay bet is matched stop refreshing the market.
the conditions will be
markets matched back bets equal markets matched lay bets

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2011, 17:43 »
hi
you will have to contact them, and ask them to send you a graph of your usage for a few days so that you can alter your settings to avoid overusing the api.
be carefull with monitoring markets constantly as your account WILL be closed if they think you are saving the data (no questions they just close your account).
make a trigger to stop refreshing any market that your bets are complete, so if you trade or whatever and the trade is complete stop refreshing the market.
if you back then lay when things look bad when the lay bet is matched stop refreshing the market.
the conditions will be
markets matched back bets equal markets matched lay bets

mcbee

I already have a trigger in place that stops refreshing when my trades are complete.

I only monitor markets 1 min pre off and also In Running till my bets are complete, when my trigger stops the refreshing of this market, certainly not to record anything

BDP already responded with the graph of yesterday. It seems the 'MU Bets' and ' Load markets prices compressed' are the 2 big ones.

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/7650/datausage.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4316/datausage2.jpg

What are the MU Bets? Would it help if I could lower these?

It is essential for this strat that I monitor lots of  markets simult. Would it help if I set the refresh pre off and IR to once every 20sec  instead of 10sec.?

Or would it help not to refresh bets simultaneously with the market prices?

Thanks for your input!

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2011, 19:02 »
hi
try unticking the
Get prices on markets loading (general options)
these will update when you monitor, so not all at once.
if you are using a lot of unmatched bets, ie if you send out bets and wait for them to get matched, then you don't need to update the bets so often (betting options), because they will or will not be matched by betfair.
if you do not need the results for the next bet etc, then make a trigger to delete the markets on completion of bets instead of stop refreshing.
this will save you 5 times the refresh as results are classed as 5 times the normal.
i will keep looking and thinking.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:01 »
One more thing is to ensure that the bet is for the £2 minimum or else 1 bet is counted as three by betfair if it is under the minimum!

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE