Author Topic: Aus Race Start Times delayed  (Read 6324 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Aus Race Start Times delayed
« on: 28 Oct 2014, 06:05 »
G'day Magicians

Maybe I am missing something simple?

When Aus races start times are changed which happens frequently and sometimes by half an hour or even one hour or more my Triggers place bets at the original notified start times unless I go through each race at that meeting and manually change the time in the top right hand corner of the screen, a real pain if this happens early in a program or at more than one meeting on a day.

The new Betfair web site https://www.betfair.com.au/racing always appears to show the new and updated start times so is it possible for MFP to pick up these times and auto change itself? That way I can set and forget without the costly errors that occur if I leave the screen.

With thanks

Mike.

• All members
Re: Aus Race Start Times delayed
« Reply #1 on: 02 Nov 2014, 02:44 »
Hi. Has this been confirmed to be a bug yet? Work around works great but it would be nice to have a permanent solution on the delayed start time.
Automatic isn't always everything.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Nov 2014, 03:28 »
Work around works great but it would be nice to have a permanent solution on the delayed start time.

fosterdrew

I am still struggling with this problem.

Can you elaborate on the "work around" that you use?

With thanks

Mike.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2014, 06:40 »
Oxa & Co

Is this problem anywhere on your radar?

Maybe I am missing something simple?

When Aus races start times are changed which happens frequently and sometimes by half an hour or even one hour or more my Triggers place bets at the original notified start times unless I go through each race at that meeting and manually change the time in the top right hand corner of the screen, a real pain if this happens early in a program or at more than one meeting on a day.

The new Betfair web site https://www.betfair.com.au/racing always appears to show the new and updated start times so is it possible for MFP to pick up these times and auto change itself? That way I can set and forget without the costly errors that occur if I leave the screen.

With thanks

Mike.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 08 Nov 2014, 07:56 »

Hi Mike!

While I see the problem you are describing, it is not entirely clear how it could be resolved.
To get a market's start time, the program needs to make a separate call to BetFair. The start time can't be obtained with market prices. Which means the program would need to request this bit of data periodically for all markets in the list. So how often? If too often, this would delay the refresh of market prices, if too seldom, the program could miss the new start time. What exactly would you suggest in terms of settings or controls that would regulate this behaviour?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2014, 00:07 »
Oxa - Thanks for your response.

You say the race Start Time cannot be obtained with Prices? But the Betfair page that shows prices also show minutes and seconds to race start so couldn't the MFP program use that to calculate Triggering times somehow?

If not then a simple race start time correction once every 20 minutes would be much better than what we now have where if the first race on a program is delayed then all races for that meeting can have significantly incorrect Triggering times?

With thanks

Mike.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2014, 04:26 »
I agree, I logged a forum post about this but probably didn't explain it as well as here.

There should be some sort of polling of betfair every half hour of so to stop this happening.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2014, 05:46 »
Which means the program would need to request this bit of data periodically for all markets in the list. So how often? If too often, this would delay the refresh of market prices

I too encounter this problem but the affect is minimal on the outcomes. However, could a time check be included when the trigger starts monitoring a market. I have changed race times within my monitoring time and the bot responds immediately.

As long as the monitoring time is outside the triggering time which is normal, should not cause a data consumption issue.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 14 Nov 2014, 05:50 »
londolozi, your solution sounds promising to me.

Not quite sure what you mean by the following though?
 I have changed race times within my monitoring time and the bot responds immediately.

Cheers

Mike.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE