Author Topic: Betfair Account Closed  (Read 12119 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Re: Betfair Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: 17 Nov 2020, 10:29 »
If thats the issue, why they just don't set the price for unlimited API usage instead of banning user without prior warning? I would gladly pay if they assure me that they won't ban me for using MFP.

I have forwarded your suggestion to BetFair, sounds reasonable to me!

Whose else (apart from BlueSky's and liltbrockie's) account has been closed recently? Who would like to step forward and have their case investigated while I'm at it?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 17 Nov 2020, 16:08 »
Oxa, if i am not wrong they had data fees till the implementation of the new API. Shoud you exceeded a certain limit of requests per second you would have to pay it. Different tiers and/or a flat fee would do the job. That could be a good solution.

In relation to the closed accounts, should you think it's important for you to have a more detailed information about my activity orn betfair, my bot and the reason why i was monitoring a large number of markets, PM me. I will gladly tell you everything.

I don't want you to have the idea that i don't agree with their decision. I would probably do the same they did, if i was in their shoes. They were under pressure, they needed to cut deeply the requests of data, they saw that in my case i always opened a large number of markets, and the number of bets were low. They didn't know my intentions and future expansion plans. So, nothing to say about the righteousness of their decision. They just made their job.

They made their point, we all understood they are not kidding. They will ban you if you overpass what they establish as reasonable. Now that we are here, they should transmit an idea of firmess but, also, flexibility and respect for us individually as clients and as a community of bot users. As bot users most of us use a large quantity of data and had a total ignorance of the limit of requests they were willing to allow. That's an explosive mixture. It happened to you, to me, to liltbrockie, but who can, really, say it would never happen to them? Betfair should establish unambiguous limites and re-open the closed accounts. All we ask is a 2nd chance, as a long time users and faithfull clients, i think it's the minimum they could do. At anytime, they can close it for good.

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 17 Nov 2020, 16:17 »
I've just heard back from BF.

While they're checking liltbrockie's and BlueSky's accounts, there is hope for those whose accounts were closed on Friday.

there was a larger number of accounts closures than usual on Friday due to a reporting related error at our side so some customers may have been inadvertently caught up due to that specific issue.

If any accounts were affected by closure on Friday, they should contact BDP Support directly so that we can review; not all account were closed in error but some accounts may have been inadvertently closed as a result of a reporting issue.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 17 Nov 2020, 16:23 »
Quite a lot of reports appearing on other forums concerning account closures.  Many of them state that all they had from BF was the usual  "closed for business reasons"  with no option of appeal or entering into any discussion.  In a significant number of the ones I've read, substantial funds have been retained.  Of course users claim that they are not money laundering, hardly ever make deposits or withdrawls and have not been betting on markets where there was a history of unusual betting patterns.  I hope the members reporting here have not had their funds retained?

• All members
« Reply #19 on: 17 Nov 2020, 16:48 »
Quite a lot of reports appearing on other forums concerning account closures. Many of them state that all they had from BF was the usual "closed for business reasons" with no option of appeal or entering into any discussion. In a significant number of the ones I've read, substantial funds have been retained. Of course users claim that they are not money laundering, hardly ever make deposits or withdrawls and have not been betting on markets where there was a history of unusual betting patterns. I hope the members reporting here have not had their funds retained?

When i talked with their chat i think they said whenever i want, i could enter in contact with them to withdraw my money. But, as that wasn't a priority to me, i didn't pay much attention. So, i can´t be 100% sure.

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 17 Nov 2020, 18:48 »
My BF contact advised BlueSky and liltbrockie to contact BDP Support directly.

Please email them at bdp at betfair.com, fingers crossed your accounts will be reinstated.

As for the charge for the unlimited API use, no cigar:

In terms of introducing unlimited API usage, we don’t have any plans to do this.
The main reason for our strict data requirements is to prevent unlicensed commercial usage of our data by competitors or unlicensed commercial users.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #21 on: 17 Nov 2020, 19:58 »
Oxa, can you please enlighten me.

They have already decided to re-open our accounts but we need to send an email for them to do it? Or, there isn´t a decision yet but the right procedure is to send them an email asking for it?

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 18 Nov 2020, 06:46 »
Or, there isn´t a decision yet but the right procedure is to send them an email asking for it?

This.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #23 on: 18 Nov 2020, 16:57 »
Hello Oxa... just caught up with this thread and wanted to thank you for raising, specifically, my account with BetFair... I will email them in due course and see if I can do some more begging.

But thanks again for wanting to get involved!

• All members
« Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2020, 17:09 »
Hi Oxa,

Good news, they finally re-opened my account :):):)

I really appreciate your intervention. Should you need my help for something, namely translations (but anything else), just PM me. I am at your service.

By the way, did they give any guidelines to avoid future similar situations?

Many thanks, you are the best.

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 24 Nov 2020, 18:59 »
Congratualtions BlueSky, I'm happy I could help in some way or another.

Just try to increase the ratio of real bets to the number of markets refreshed -- that's all it takes really.
Reduce market refresh.
Delete unneeded markets as soon as possible.
Do not launch Market Locator too frequently.
Place at least some real bets, even if it is a simple trade-out, i.e. a back and a lay bet with a small profit or loss, just to keep BetFair happy.

They are basically trying to fight off competitors who steal their data, so if you look one of them, you're likely to be banned.

I am preparing an extended article with some actionable advice on this.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #26 on: 25 Nov 2020, 16:01 »
Same here .... account OPEN again now! :-)

After a lot of begging and grovelling and promising to refresh stupidly slowly lol

Thanks Oxa! ( not sure if what you said helped but I guess it didnt hurt !)

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 25 Nov 2020, 17:07 »
Congratulations liltbrockie!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #28 on: 26 Nov 2020, 04:35 »
Oxa, i will try to follow your advices.

My idea is:

1-Reduce on 50% the number of current requests.
2-Place bets on every market that i open (even if iam not sure if betfair will be happy. I mean i will place a 2€ back bet and then i will close some ticks below with a lay bet. Betfair profit will be directly zero, and as i will probably have an acumulated loss on this kind of bets they not even will gain premium charges over it.
So, yes, i can do it but, honestly, i am afraid they may not like to see more than 1000 bets on average per day with an acumulated comission near zero. What do you think?

Anyway, my biggest fear comes on the medium/long run. I explain:
Should the trigger continues with the good performance, i intend to adapt it slowly to place more intentional bets (not the 2€ back/lay bets). And, in that case, it´s not hard to see a situation where i can make several times my current very high level of data requests. I would, obviously, be, in that situation, placing more than 10k € daily just in those intentional back bets. But, even so, i am afraid they may not like the idea of having someone requesting an "huge" amount of data, even if that person places large amounts in bets. What do you think?

About the market locator what would you consider a reasonable time distance between searches for live football?

Thanks

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 26 Nov 2020, 07:35 »
And, in that case, it´s not hard to see a situation where i can make several times my current very high level of data requests. I would, obviously, be, in that situation, placing more than 10k € daily just in those intentional back bets.

No, don't worry, if you're betting thousands of euros, they won't mind the high number of requests.

Head of API confirmed that they don't close the accounts of people with a high volume of bets.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE