Author Topic: Betfair and responsible gambling  (Read 3111 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Betfair and responsible gambling
« on: 20 Jul 2021, 17:35 »
Anyone keep getting emails from Betfair about responsible gambling? I do despite speaking with them directly about responsible gambling as requested. They keep asking me via emails if Im aware of responsible gambling tools available such deposit limits. Asking you guys cause Im pretty sure this is all about large number of hours I spend with BF daily. Anyone, thoughts?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Betfair and responsible gambling
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2021, 07:38 »
I think they are pretty happy you are spending your time and money on BetFair but have to warn you periodically due to tight gambling regulations.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2021, 20:27 »
Im not sure lately. really. As full time trader I spent over 12 hours a day trading, waiting for opportunities to trade, sometimes whole days but their attitude is just annoying last weeks. I keep getting these emails daily. Finally they told me they restricted my account and they need me to get in touch otherwise my account will be further restricted. No idea what they mean by "restricting", havent experienced any issues. 

I noticed number of emails about responsible gambling increases after full days spent in Betfair so Im sure now they dont like being online a lot. They specifically told me they worry about me having >12 hrs sessions. Cmon, this is just unbelieveable. I dont deposit large amounts, I dont withdraw large amounts, I dont bet lumps there so why bothering average trader here with such emails and responsible betting conversations? 

No one got similar experiences with them? Loads of full time traders here Im sure so I doubt its just me they worry about.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2021, 06:50 »
Could you please quote the e-mail here? Probably they mean something else.
There is a case they may restrict your account (send delayed data without volumes) if you "abuse" their API - send a lot of read data requests without placing any real bets. They think you are collecting data for commercial usage that violates BetFair Exchange terms of usage. But usually they send only one warning (or even without warning) and then just restrict...
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2021, 07:24 »
We are contacting you today in regards to your Betfair account.

As a responsible operator we want to ensure all our customers are in full control of their gambling and spending within their financial means.

With this in mind, we need to speak to you about your account. We attempted to contact you by phone but were unable to reach you. As we’ve been unable to speak to you, we’ve temporarily restricted your account.

If you wish to speak about your account, please contact us via messenger at your earliest convenience. Alternatively, please advise of a suitable timeframe that we could call and your current contact number. We will then arrange for one of our team to contact you.

Please be aware that any call you receive will be from a restricted number and will be between the hours of 9am to 9pm (Monday to Sunday).

Please be aware that failure to get in touch will result in your account being further restricted.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2021, 07:37 »
Never heard about such warnings.
I think you should contact them like "advised"...
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2021, 07:55 »
So did I as abovementioned. Twice within few weeks as they wanted me to do. Answered several questions like about my gambling activities and thats it, "restriction" lifted, whatever it was. Weird anyway.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE