Author Topic: Betfair Closed My Account  (Read 6530 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Betfair Closed My Account
« on: 19 Oct 2011, 16:25 »
Thought this would be a heads up to everyone here. I have been testing various strategies and triggers on both Xfeeder and MFP for about 3 weeks.
I came home today from work to find MFP had crashed (or so I thought).

Could not login so I went to Betfair's site to log in and tada.....
A window popped up stating my account was closed and to contact the helpdesk if I need any help.
No emails to either warn me of a problem nor indeed no email to tell me they had closed the account.

Just whipped out from under me in a flash.  I also have funds in my account which as we speak I cannot access!!!

I had used real funds for a couple of days with Xfeeder but none with MFP, I can only assume they booted me for using test mode.

Be warned people...

• All members
Re: Betfair Closed My Account
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2011, 09:34 »
There is a definite risk of your account being closed if you use test mode continuously for more than a week.

The solution is to place some real bets while you are testing.

In horseracing, you could  have a trigger to lay the field at 1.01 for a small stake in another instance of MFPRo,  so you would be placing a real bet in every race, but at minimal cost and you could still win occasionally.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2011, 20:30 »
UPDATE.....

To my suprise Betfair replied within 1 day and explained they had closed the account as I had not responded to an email about data charges.
Turns out I had £3,000 yes £3,000 in data charges for 3 days that they kindly overlooked for me.
My account is reinstated with all funds intact. Contrary to other posts on the internet I have to say bravo Betfair, great service !!

I dont know how I accumulated such a massive data debt as I had the limits ticked to NOT exceed the limits. Need to really look at my settings and find out why this happened

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2011, 08:14 »
WOW, I would make sure you understand all the data saving settings available for MFPro before you run it again.   

Request limit max. of 17 for one instance of the bot
Keep transaction limit as low as possible
Idle and refresh rates at minimum possible for the triggers to operate effectively
Don't download horseracing silks unless you need them
Only start monitoring markets when you need to eg. 6 min before start.
etc......

I have triggers which use 3 football markets on all today's matches, but with careful data management I can keep the total requests well below the limit.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2011, 08:58 »
That kind of problem do happen if you do use some sort of strategies and try to win money up, not just in BF, but in any gambling sites as well.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE