Author Topic: BetFair vs Betdaq  (Read 90201 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
BetFair vs Betdaq
« on: 22 Oct 2009, 14:54 »
The reason I started this poll is to find out how many MF Pro users are willing to bet on Betdaq as well as on BetFair.

Some days ago a new topic was started, where a user suggested that we make a Betdaq version:

http://community.marketfeederpro.com/suggestions-6/re-how-about-a-betdaq-version-131/

So I'd like to know if it makes sense to any of you.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: BetFair vs Betdaq
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2009, 17:14 »

:) That would be nice, a Betdaq version
 Imagine a trigger comparing both   ;D skimming away

With Betfair and the PC charge , I think most would give it a thumbs up

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2009, 21:19 »
Hi
I would expect the current poll to return virtually 100% as users currently using only Betfair as they more than likely like myself will be MFPro users and therefore unlikely to trade manually very often with Betdaq.  Would it be possible to add to your poll another option i.e. "would you trade on Betdaq if a Betdaq version of MFPro was produced".  I suspect that many current users would be very interested, but the current poll results may not give you this feedback.  Might be wrong but worth considering. Kind regards   

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2009, 13:27 »
If you compare the odds of betfeir to betdaq, there is always a big gap between back and lay. IMHO the gap is so big for small events, that you will make more profit on betfair even if you are premium charge victim.

If there is a betdaq MFP version, I would use if for betting on big events and bookbuilding for small events on betdaq (with pre inplay reducing loss with bets at betfair).

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2010, 17:39 »
hi MFP subscribers...

how many people trade on Betdaq apart from MFP... 'MUST BE MASSIVE'.

Betdaq...so my website is wrong then...

http://www.horseracingsystemstorent.co.uk/

I Need Betfair and Betdaq...who does not...

50 people doing £10 bets would equal £500 in the one market, because of the NEW SYSTEM ADDED TO THAT MARKET.

money changes hands about £1500 per sec. approx.

have a SYSTEM=50 people=£500 ON EACH Company.i.e 100 people.

more people=more money.

I hope I've had my say and look forward to responses.

Best.

Paul.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2010, 17:42 »
SORRY

site not launched yet...

in design mode.

Best Quality Support.

Paul.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2010, 08:45 »
One great option but one that would be self defeating, would be to find arbitrage oportunities between BF and BDQ,   and bet accordingly in both places,  automatically.

Apart from that,  people will try to go with the exchange that offers the  best combination of  liquidity, spread, prices, speed, stability of the system and commissions.  So far the best combination is offered by BF.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2010, 06:18 »
I am just starting off ... but I certainly would keen on a Betdaq version also.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 05 Feb 2011, 14:29 »
Perhaps its time to revive this thread....

Given the current state of Betfair's service I would be interested. It would hopefully improve liquidity there.

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 05 Feb 2011, 14:51 »
hi
yes, exactly one year ago, we had the smae problems with betfair.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 06 Feb 2011, 09:44 »
Very intersted in a BETDAQ version. I dont know whether the BETDAQ api has been improved since welldone initially started to look at this? Linking BETDAQ and BF markets to manage liabilities and positions would make MFP very powerful.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 06 Feb 2011, 15:41 »
Looking to the poll results it's still not very popular...
But you right, may be a joined version...
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #12 on: 08 Feb 2011, 07:50 »
i AGREE but
After the meltdown of Betfair on Saturday, I like many others I suspect ran from Betfair like rats leaving a sinking ship. I set up and funded an account with Betdaq Quicker that you can say "Why arent my trades being hedged"!
I tried to then close out my bets on Betdaq before i realised i did not even know what my open positions were, as i could not get on the betunfair site to find out!

So unless we can develop a trigger which can log all MATCHED and OPEN bets, i am not sure how much use it will be? ::)
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2011, 18:51 »
Hi

Yet again Betfair site down today and therefore unable to use marketfeeder pro to bet.  :'(

I would be very interested in a seperate or combined version for betdaq to give me the option on betting on both via marketfeeder pro.

Then i bet if you did the poll again after the betdaq version came out then you would find that the poll would be different !!.

This of course depends on a Betdaq version being released.

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 12 Mar 2011, 19:05 »
hi
the poll questions are wrong, as we all bet more on betfair because that is what our bots are set to do, so the answers are going to be more on betfair, but if we had the option to bet on betdaq with bots then the answer would be more on betdaq, due to the ongoing month after month of problems with betfair.
maybe the question should have been, would you use betdaq if the bot had an option to do so.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE