Author Topic: Change of Bet Based On Bank Size  (Read 3662 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Change of Bet Based On Bank Size
« on: 10 Dec 2016, 13:06 »
Hi,

I have run into a problem where I am betting 5% of my bank, but if the bank drops below £40 then 5% is less than the minumum bet of £2 and everything grinds to a halt.  Is there a way to do the following.
If bank > £40 bet 5%
if bank < £40 bet £2

Or is there a setting to resort to minimum bet if not enough funds in the bank anyway?

Thanks in advance,

• All members
Re: Change of Bet Based On Bank Size
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2016, 14:45 »
Hi
I've not tested the syntax on this, just written it, if you use it please in test mode first.
Amount field in your betting trigger: IF(test_mode=1, IF(test_funds>40.00, test_funds*(perc/100),2), IF(total_funds>40.00, total_funds*(perc/100),2))
where perc is the percentage of available funds you want to bet
change test_funds and total_funds for test_balance and balance if you wish.

or, as per your second option, in the settings:
settings >  betting options > allow small bets
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2016, 15:00 »
Hi,
Many thanks for this! I will test it.

What exactly does the "allow small bets" do? As the minimum betfair back stake is £2.00 so it won't let anything less than this be placed anyway.

Thanks again,

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2016, 15:15 »
Hi
Small bets: there is a procedure for submitting a bet at the minimum and making two edits to the bet, i.e. three betting transactions to complete a bet below the minimum. The time for a bet below the minimum to "reach" Betfair is therefore at least three times longer than a single bet at or above the minimum. If you search the forum, or google, on the subject you should find how it's done.

edit: description form help-file:

"By turning this on, you allow MarketFeeder Pro to place bets below the acceptable minimum size defined by the exchange. It will be done through a well-known procedure whereby an  unmatched bet equal to the minimum is first placed, then its size and price are modified and the rest is cancelled.

Please note: we do NOT recommend to have this option turned on and we will not be held responsible for whatever consequences it will lead to (i.e. suspension of your account). Use it at your own risk."

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2016, 17:04 »
Ah nice one! Many thanks for that.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE