Author Topic: Coach wanted.  (Read 7336 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Coach wanted.
« on: 08 Mar 2014, 10:42 »
Hi
I have been with Well done for many years but have never really got to grips with software. Totally my fault, main reason is that I am not a natural excel gifted person so I gave up. We all learn in different ways and my main learning style is practical training IE visual / coaching style. I pick things up a lot better when learning from some one with me. Reading manuals are not for me so I want to try and learn about Market feeder pro from an experienced trader. 
My question is ,  does anyone live in the Gloucestershire area , I am willing to travel up to 50 miles to sit with some one and learn about this amazing piece of software.
If their is someone local who is willing to let me in on their trading experience , I would be willing to come to some arrangement .

Thank you

• Élite
Re: Coach wanted.
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2014, 11:36 »
hi
sorry but i am in bulgaria, just a mile or two to far.
the best way to learn is to use simple triggers, then look at them to see what each condition does.
there are a few ways to pick a favourite most common are.
trigger set to favourite
selections rank is equal to 1
it is always better to use              selections      trigger expression
for conditions because all the variables have explanations next to them, so you can quickly learn new tricks.
once you get the idea of the triggers working then you will soon be doing your own triggers.

mcbee 
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2014, 11:37 »
Hi Sharkbait,

First of all, thanks for expressing such a loyalty. I'm sorry that it has been so difficult to get to grips with MarketFeeder Pro.

While I'm a thousand miles away from you and obviously can't physically sit next to you, but I wonder if anything else could help. For example:

- more video tutorials - suggest topics please
- online training session through LogMeIn or TeamViewer
- case studies dedicated to a chosen topic.

I'm also addressing other community members - would any of the above help you improve your trading skills with MarketFeeder Pro?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Mar 2014, 12:03 »
Hi Oxa,

I'd also like to express my interest in learning more about Market Feeder Pro and developing triggers on a paid learning basis, either personal, video or any other suitable method. As some of you have suggested it is more fun and convenient especially considering it can take hundreds of trial and error attempts at developing even just one profitable trigger.
Any info appreciated/ thank you
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Mar 2014, 12:42 »
Hi
I am happy to help via a TeamViewer remote session.
I agree with mcbee - best way to learn is to make your own simple trigger an run it test mode or Time Machine and see what it does.
Start with something easy e.g. just back the fav 1 minute before the off
test it, if you are happy with it add a greenup trigger and test again
then add a distribute loss trigger etc.

Oxa - how about running some live webinars for this purpose?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 08 Mar 2014, 13:20 »
Yes, I like the idea of live webinars, although I have next to zero experience with this particular method of coaching. But we all need to start sometimes, right? Will look for some suitable software.

What particular subjects would need to be covered in your opinion? I guess for the first webinar it would be just the general "getting started with triggers" stuff.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 08 Mar 2014, 13:52 »
Hi
The webinars will be better than coaching one to one, because it will be one to many, and could also be interactive. The webinars can be recorded and posted on your youtube. I think approx. 20 minute sessions with 10mins or so questions.

I think the chapters listed in the manual are a good list of subjects, but they will be presented "live" or recorded.

For example:

First session: Intro, Looking around the software, Settings, Brief "Getting Started", Auto-Trading demo.
Second and maybe Third sessions: Constructing and testing triggers
Fourth: Advanced triggers / Custom user requests
Fifth: Excel, troubleshooting.

You may remember a while ago, a Portuguese user made some comprehensive youtube videos. They are excellent "live" hands-on demonstrations. I think something like that.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 09 Mar 2014, 11:07 »
Thanks Mark, will take that on board!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #8 on: 09 Mar 2014, 12:42 »
I also vote for Webinars ... maybe alternating between chapters in the manual and an open one where people can raise questions.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 09 Mar 2014, 13:15 »
Webinars are a great idea, providing we are all on the same page so to speak. Having some course notes to follow in order to keep every participant on track.
A big YES from me.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2014, 08:47 »
Hi
I,ve been away for a while , so my trading had to take a back seat.

I was pleased to see the continuation of my opening comments regarding some form of visual coaching.

What is the latest news on this ?

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE