Author Topic: Forum Newbie - MFP ver 6.5.0.23  (Read 15830 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Forum Newbie - MFP ver 6.5.0.23
« on: 08 Oct 2014, 20:01 »
Hi Guys and Gals

I am new to all this forum stuff. I do have a question, I am sure someone has the answer to though.

I have picked-up rumours - can't find anything online to confirm or deny - that a change to the Betfair API is imminent.

If this rumour is true, will my old version as above, still work?

If not, do I have to upgrade to a later version and if so, which one?

Thanks in advance for reading and any replies.

Sorry if the question is a bit basic - but I have got comfortable with the old version!

Regards

Tony

• Élite
Re: Forum Newbie - MFP ver 6.5.0.23
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2014, 20:55 »
Hi Tony,

There was mention of this before and I'm sorry but I do not know the answer but like you - I really need to know.

Although there are many improvements in V7  (and 7.2.0.2 is the latest I think) like you I am not happy about the thought of leaving the old version.  I find the old trigger logs much more useful than the V7 ones for example. 

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2014, 20:57 »
Hi Tony and welcome to the forum!

You wrote to the support, didn't you? Their response was bounced back by your mail server because you only allow mail to come in from authorised sources, so you better add [email protected] to such sources if you want to have a two-way conversation. :)

Anyway, here is the copy of the response:

Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately the new BetFair API is not compatible with the previous version, which means all software based on the older API will cease to function after they stop providing access to it.

We are preparing a version of MF Pro based on the new API. Therefore, you will need to update to the newest version possible in November. Even the current version of MF Pro, 7.2, will not be working.

We are well on schedule with the transition, but the problem is the new API has lots of bugs, and although they've promised to fix them by the time the old API is turned off, it may mean the actual date of the official closure of the old API may be postponed.

But it is a good idea to get ready in time and at least get acquainted with the current version of MF Pro, in terms of triggers and settings, as the newer version will have practically the same functionality.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2014, 21:16 »
Thanks Oxa,

I think the last time we touched on this subject it was when I pointed out that the reduction factor was different in V6 and V7 and we noticed the format of the time stamp was different.  (It was only showing the reduction factors correctly after the second withdrawn  horse.)

I meant to ask before but has this been fixed in the latest version of V7?

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2014, 13:02 »
Hi Oxa, alfaman and everyone,

Thank you Oxa, for your reply and for pointing out my e-mail issue.

I have been having problems with "ib.adnxs.com", hence the e-mail restrictions.
I thought the problem was sorted - so maybe not, which leads to my next point.

FAO: Oxa, when I tried to access the MFP web page from IE, my back-up anti-virus "YAC" said not to proceed as the site contained a known malware operator.
I then tried access from the AOL browser with no problem, so I remain puzzled.
I though you should know, as these issues can be a real pain!

Anyway, I shall update to the appropriate version of MFP as you suggest. Will you be making a general announcement, as others members also seem uncertain as to the implementation date? If so, where should I look for an announcement?

Thanks again,

Regards

Tony

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Oct 2014, 13:13 »
Hi again Oxa,

I have just checked my e-mail address book.

I had a listing for "[email protected]". I notice the address you included in the reply is slightly different, so I added that as well.

Please could you send me a test mail to make sure I can now receive from you.

Regards

Tony

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2014, 13:25 »
Hi alfaman,

I meant to ask before but has this been fixed in the latest version of V7?

Yes, I believe so.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2014, 13:29 »
FAO: Oxa, when I tried to access the MFP web page from IE, my back-up anti-virus "YAC" said not to proceed as the site contained a known malware operator.
OMG, there's always room for surprise! Thanks for the information, I guess we need to contact this YAC company and ask them to update their database, but there's too much on my plate at the moment. Could you please raise this issue again in a couple of months after we've sorted the urgent transition to the new API?

Anyway, I shall update to the appropriate version of MFP as you suggest. Will you be making a general announcement, as others members also seem uncertain as to the implementation date? If so, where should I look for an announcement?

We will announce on the forum, on our web site and also through e-mail to existing subscribers. Before that we'll do the usual beta-testing round, so that anyone who wants to try the new API has a chance before there are no back-up options.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 09 Oct 2014, 18:15 »
Hi Oxa,

Thanks for the information. I'll "Watch This Space" and "See You On The Other Side".

Good luck

Tony

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 09 Oct 2014, 18:45 »
Hi,
Excuse my ignorance but can someone please explain to me what all this means.
How will this new API affect trigger performance ?
What do existing members need to do ?
I wasn't aware of this new API until this post appeared.
Many thanks
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2014, 12:44 »
Hi Oxa,

I have replied in an e-mail to the notification sent by the community as well as in this post, so clearly I am receiving mail from you now.

As to the content of the notification - sounds like another confused subscriber - it requires an answer from someone better qualified than me!

BTW general congratulations for MFP, a fine piece of kit!

Regards

Tony

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 11 Oct 2014, 18:52 »
I have replied in an e-mail to the notification sent by the community as well as in this post, so clearly I am receiving mail from you now.
BTW general congratulations for MFP, a fine piece of kit!

Thank you Tony, glad the mail thing is sorted!

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance but can someone please explain to me what all this means.
How will this new API affect trigger performance ?
What do existing members need to do ?
I wasn't aware of this new API until this post appeared.
Many thanks

At the moment the only official information available is in very technical language, here is the link:

API-NG Overview

We will attempt to make the transition to the new API as smooth as possible for our clients. Some changes in MF Pro's functionality are inevitable because of the stricter security policy, but they are not critical (well, I hope for most of you they aren't), and they shouldn't affect the triggers in any way.

We will prepare the existing customers to the transition beforehand by making announcements here and through the mail. Everyone will receive a special subscription token on their mail. All you'll need to do is enter this token into the new version of MF Pro, and that's it.

I won't give you much information now as I'm working on a special information bulletin for this occasion which I'll post later next week.

I just want to stress that keeping our service uninterrupted is our topmost priority, so there is nothing to worry about.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 11 Oct 2014, 19:28 »
Thanks Oxa for that link. Would be nice by the way if in the future, there could be some sort of a video tutorial for newbies to easily catch up.
Automatic isn't always everything.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 12 Oct 2014, 00:29 »
Thanks Oxa, I'm sure all be will achieved in good time.
Cheers
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 24 Oct 2014, 18:00 »
This is going to be a nightmare for me I use version 6 as the auto dutching is so much quicker than 7. If I use version 7 I end up with lots of unmatched bets, Anyone know why version 7 is so much slower. Colin

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE