Author Topic: Getting the basics right  (Read 3831 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Getting the basics right
« on: 02 May 2015, 17:46 »
What I am looking to do is manually lay a favourite in say 10 races a day. I would then like to set up a basic trigger so if that horse gets to say 1.4 in play a back will trigger to wipe of the loss if it wins. As I am new to Market feeder can somebody tell me how to do it in laymens terms?

• All members
Re: Getting the basics right
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2015, 20:09 »
Hi
Firstly you are entitled to a quota of free professionally written trigger requests depending on your subscription, details here:
http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/triggers/trigger-development-service/

I wrote the basic trigger I detailed in your other post and tested it. The race was interesting because it showed what happens if the spread loss trigger fires because the lowest back price has been met, but the horse still gets beaten. You can see the results in the two screenshots.

So I manually laid the favourite pre-off in this race and the trigger did the stoploss automatically in-play.

screenshot 1 shows just after the trigger fired
the horse got beaten and screenshot 2 shows the end result

From this testing I suggest you lower the triggering back price much lower than 1.40, but that is what test mode is for and you can experiment for yourself. You can adjust the triggering price in the constant The third screenshot shows the trigger.

This is a very basic trigger and you should use it to test and develop your own. Please use test mode to try it out. If you move to real mode, please note that in-play prices move very quickly, especially towards the price range you are looking to trigger at and you may not get matched. Please use only small stakes for testing in real mode.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2015, 20:18 »
Do you have a file saved with the trigger on that you could send me as I am struggling to set triggers up

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2015, 20:20 »
Hi
Attached - please use test mode
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE