Author Topic: Green up help  (Read 6827 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Green up help
« on: 27 Nov 2012, 15:59 »
Hi can someone tell me what is wrong. My trigger places a bet @2 with a green up 10 ticks lower i then have another trigger to bet @1.7 with 10 tick green up. I dont have a stop loss in place. My idea is to get 1st bet matched before 2nd bet triggers but markets move so fast that it isnt possible all the time which is something that cant be controlled. The problem that i have is my green up fires somewhere in between both matched bets often resulting in a loss an example of this  1st bet matched £50 @2 2nd bet matched at £[email protected] green up is £103.85 @ 1.79 for a green of £3.15. Why does green up not happen individually for each bet? Regards Andrew

• All members
Re: Green up help
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2012, 16:22 »
Hi
The greenup action operates across all matched bets in the market. i.e. it greens up the market.

If you want to green individual back bets, then you should use lay with the relevant formulas http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/formulas/ in the price and amount fields, and conditions restricting the lay to the back bet in question.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2012, 16:32 »
hi
with your first bet trigger, you could try this condition
and selections back matched is equal to 0
your second bet trigger.
and selections number of  matched lay bets is equal or greater than 1
i have put is equal or greater than 1 just in case the greenup has split lay odds resulting in more than 1 bet to greenup.
this should place your first bet then greenup then place the second bet and greenup.
BUT your greenup trigger must have the conditions
and selections lay unmatched is equal to 0
and every selections profit and loss is less than 0
set the trigger to once every .5 secs
so it will only place bets to greenup if there is any selection with a minus pl

USE TEST MODE FIRST

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2012, 19:32 »
Once again thanks Mark and Mcbee. I will try both versions. One more question how do i set trigger to once every .5 seconds? The only option i can see is no more often that .5 is this the correct option? Thanks again Andrew

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2012, 20:45 »
hi
yes, you are correct, i wrote it quick without checking the correct trigger wording.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2012, 20:49 »
Cheers Mcbee

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2012, 16:30 »
Hi guys how do i set conditions to restrict the lay to the back bet in question? I have searched for ages looking for an answer but cannot find. Could someone have a look at my trigger an help me finish it please thanks again for any help

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2012, 17:18 »
Hi
The condition you want is
trigger xxx number of runs is greater than 0
xxx being the name of your backing trigger

I am querying your selections
there could be multiple selections meeting your conditions
you are choosing the first matching selection?

You could try mcbee's suggestion for greenup

I would suggest a lay trigger for each back trigger
price: lay_price (or a few ticks higher: r_ticks(lay_price,3) to try to ensure a match)
amount: (bm_backp*bm_backa)/lay_price
(the formula works as greenup - equal profit across all selections)
Conditions:
Trigger xxx (yyy in second lay trigger) number of runs is greater than 0
selections back matched is greater than 0
selections back unmatched is equal to 0
selections lay unmatched is equal to 0

update:
just re-read your 1st post.
Are you saying the second back bet must not fire until the first is fully matched?
If so your conditions in the 2nd back should include:
selections back matched is greater than 0
selections back unmatched is equal to 0
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 28 Nov 2012, 18:36 »
hi
do you want to back the same selection twice or any selection.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 28 Nov 2012, 19:16 »
Thanks guys for quick reply. Mark is my first matching selection not the best way to go about my trigger? And i wasnt really thinking about 2nd bet firing until 1st bet matched but it actually makes more sense to do it like that so thanks for advice. Mcbee i would like to back the same selection. Is it possible to back the 2nd matching selection? and thanks again for replys

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 28 Nov 2012, 19:36 »
hi
here is the triggers.
i have tested them with test mode and they worked as you wanted.
place the first bet and greenup
place the second bet on the same selection and greenup
50 stake = 17.77 profit

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 28 Nov 2012, 19:43 »
Hi
First matching selection is fine. I was asking the same question as mcbee but in a different way. We tend to do that regularly ;D

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 28 Nov 2012, 19:53 »
hi
it's called team work. ??? 8) ;D

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 28 Nov 2012, 20:03 »
Cheers you guys  :D

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE