Author Topic: Help required please  (Read 4187 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Help required please
« on: 16 Jan 2010, 05:56 »
Chaps

I get myself into a position where I have a profit on a horse, and nothing on the rest. I want to divide the profit equally on all horses, including the selection.

I can't use green up since I'm already greened up, and I can't distribute profit equally because it doesn't include the original selection. So what trigger option do I use to spread the profit equally. I can obviously calculate what I need to lay on the horse, and just enter that as a bet, but I was wondering if there was another way.

Also, when I look for selections that have the back_matched = lay_matched, it sometimes doesn't pick it up because the values are not exact i.e. had one where the back matched was 99.999997 and the lay matched was 100, so it came up as a fail, when it should be a success. I think it is because betfair calcs go down to extreme decimals. Any ideas on how to solve that one? Maybe it s a programming issue?

Please help.
Thanks
Nick

• Administrator
Re: Help required please
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2010, 12:07 »
Hello Nick,

Re: your first question:
I get myself into a position where I have a profit on a horse, and nothing on the rest. I want to divide the profit equally on all horses, including the selection.

... I can't distribute profit equally because it doesn't include the original selection.

To my knowledge "Distribute Profit" distributes the profit equally among all selections, including the one with the original profit. I.e. if the favourite has a P/L of £10, and all other selections had zero P/L, after you apply "distribute profit", heir P/Ls will be equal, say, £2 on each selection, including the favourite.
It does so by placing a lay bet on the selection with the profit, with an amount that is equal to (profit/lay price).

Also, when I look for selections that have the back_matched = lay_matched, it sometimes doesn't pick it up because the values are not exact
If the difference between the amounts to be compared is more than 0.00009, then the two numbers are considered "not equal". To increase this gap you might compare them using an expression similar to this one:

Trigger Expression back_matched - lay_matched is between -0.01 and 0.01
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE