Author Topic: Help with Stop Loss Idea...  (Read 6572 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Help with Stop Loss Idea...
« on: 10 Oct 2010, 19:56 »
Hi All

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I place a back bet on the under 2.5 goals, then at kick off right click to place a stop loss on the lay side, a few ticks above in case of early goal....

So, if an early goal goes in, the price shoots up and therefore my lay stop loss would be matched...yes?

If no early goal (as is the plan) kep trailing with the lay stop loss just in case, then green up at 15 mins.

???

Any ideas as to why the lay stop loss isn't getting matched when a goal goes in would be appreciated. Thanks!!

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
Re: Help with Stop Loss Idea...
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2010, 20:54 »
If a goal is scored the market will be suspended and your lay bet cancel prior to it being restarted again.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2010, 21:39 »
Thanks for the reply! Hmm, so any other way around that? so as to not be completely exposed....?

Cheers!

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2010, 05:57 »
hi
make sure that you have the KEEP set in the lay trigger.
this should keep the bet active until the market has finnished.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2010, 06:12 »
hi agian
i just reread your post.
go into the settings screen and then open the betting options screen, then in the ONE-CLICK BETTING, make sure that you set,   by default all unmatched bets should be, SET THIS TO    KEPT  at in-play.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2010, 07:58 »
hi agian
i just reread your post.
go into the settings screen and then open the betting options screen, then in the ONE-CLICK BETTING, make sure that you set,   by default all unmatched bets should be, SET THIS TO    KEPT  at in-play.

mcbee

I have never bet in play on the o/u 2.5 market ... when a goal is scored doesn't the market get suspended and reset (all bets cancelled)??
Fortune favors the brave!

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2010, 10:03 »
hi
i dont know about that, as i to dont bet in that market.
but if there is a problem like that, then make a lay trigger with the conditions.
 and any selections bm_backp is greater than 0
 and fittings selections lay_price is equal or greater than bm_backp*(whatever you want ie 2 for double the back price )
this will cover any manual bets that you make

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE