Author Topic: How to trade out  (Read 8564 times)

Tags:
  • All members
How to trade out
« on: 04 Jun 2011, 02:12 »
Hi,

how can I do the following: I want to make a LAY-bet on a horse 30 sec before the OFF and I want to hedge this with a BACK-bet I made earlier in the morning at a bookmaker.

Example:

BACK-bet at 8/1 odds at Ladbrokes
30 sec before the race starts MF makes a LAY-bet on this horse and hedges this LAY-price with the BACK-price from the Ladbrokes bet.
But I want to be able to change the BACK-price one minute before MF makes the LAY-bet.

Is it possible only with the triggers or do I need more?

Thanks.

Jake

• Élite
Re: How to trade out
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2011, 06:43 »
hi
you just nees 2 triggers
1 to back with the odds that you set and a time condition, and the other to lay with your set odds and time condition.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2011, 12:05 »
Hi McBee,

I didn't get it....because the first bet isn't made by MF. I will do this BACK-bet manually
at a Bookie. So I don't want MF to do a BACK-bet for me.

I just want MF to do a LAY-bet for me and hedge this LAY-bet with this BACK-bet
I made manually at the Bookie.

If I give MF a trigger for the BACK-bet with a time condition as you say it will place this BACK-bet for me, right? But I don't want that.

Or is it possible that MF places this BACK-bet at the Bookie?

That's my problem.

Jake

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2011, 13:07 »
hi
then use a lay trigger only.
you are confusing me by saying you don't want the back bet, but you say you want to hedge the lay bet.
so what you want to do is back at bookie odds and lay less odds at betfair to make an all green book/profit.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2011, 14:33 »
Yes, that's exactly what I want.  :)

But how can I make a LAY-bet with MF and tell MF to hedge that lay bet with
the Bookie-Odds to green me up?

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2011, 15:40 »
hi
i can do a trigger for 25% greenup, but any smaller or larger then my brain hurts trying to calculate the differences.
so set the bookie bet amount and bookie odds.
set the options (in the settings at the top of bot screen) to by default all selections are not active.
load the market
manualy select the horse.
let the trigger work
you can only do this once for each selection as you have to manualy change the odds/money amount before each race, because the bot does not know what you have bet on at the bookies

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2011, 18:16 »
Hi McBee,

wow, thank you very much.

Unfortunately I'm cannot try it at the moment. I'll do this tomorrow.
Maybe I have to come back to you than because I'm absolutely new to MarketFeeder and have to read the manual when I'm trying out your trigger.
I hope I get it done.

Thanks again.

Jake.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2015, 17:40 »
Hi Guys,
Is it possible to upload this trigger again?

I've tried to download it but getting an error
Regards
Harry

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2015, 22:10 »
Hi
This is going back a few versions, not far off half a decade  :)  
Attached is the converted trigger file, please use in test mode until you are confident with it.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2015, 09:11 »
Thank you

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2015, 20:17 »
Hi,
I've had a look at the trigger... would there be any way to load different bets, odds and amounts already placed with bookies because the greenup amount is calculated from back odds and amount already placed?

Cheers for any help.
Harry

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2015, 21:28 »
Hi
Please have a look at the manual section on Importing Selections for AutoTrading
Set up a text file with the selection name, bookie back odds, bookie amount
Modify the trigger for the imported variables e.g.
in the price field replace backodds*.8 with imported_1*.8
in the amount field replace backbetamount*1.25 with imported_2*1.25
you will just need the lay trigger
import the text file selections as per manual instructions and run the trigger

please experiment with this in test mode first.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2015, 21:56 »
Thats really interesting... ok thank you for your help
Regards

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE