Author Topic: Just let me green up for 1 tick PLEASE! (results )  (Read 5039 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Dear all...

I'm not a greedy person.. I only want to make a tiny bit of safe money! Without too much risk!
I've only been trying for about 5 years... but think I might have stumbled on something...
It's certainly the first time I have been well in profit EVERY day for a number of days...!

Below is a graph of the last ~1200 horse and greyhound races. And me desperately trying to grab at least 1 tick profit before the off and  before a lose too much and the market turns the other way.

Google sheets here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oLV9pD2FqtWRO0WBkXraLgYPesJW6opHxNKSoVao6Xc/edit?usp=sharing

This is in test mode... I am now trying to continue my tests trying to introduce factors which will hopefully try and make things a bit more realistic ... like making sure there is MORE THAN enough money on the back and lay side to guarantee that, if real money was being used, the bet would actually get matched.

If anyone wants to test this in REAL mode I may be willing to enter into a conversation about sharing the trigger.

• Administrator
Re: Just let me green up for 1 tick PLEASE! (results )
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2019, 17:33 »
Wow, this looks impressive liltbrockie!

Did you turn on the delay in placing and cancelling test bets before running your triggers? If your strategy is sensitive to fast bet matching, then you might need to factor the delay into your model.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2019, 19:44 »
No... how do I turn on the delay?

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 05 Sep 2019, 09:31 »
Using this setting.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2019, 23:02 »
Don't get me wrong but... Why on earth - if you got trigger which makes you money - would you share it? Don't you realize that any trigger which makes you money become public = edge will dissappear straight away? If you seriously make money my advice is keep it private and don't even mention single detail unless you are attention seeker...

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2019, 14:52 »
haha Thanks Ryan!

So ... here is the deal..... the trigger is STILL making money every single day .. some how... not sure how.

BUT at the moment ... it is not built for REAL money...

In other words.... I have not accounted for partial matched bets... re-betting if no match on initial bet etc etc etc

AND I do not have the time /(or funds...!) at the moment to update the trigger in this way and test.

IF anyone wants to help me in this regard... let me know... and we'll talk.

I will only enter into conversation with long time / contributors to this forum... sorry!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE