Author Topic: lay at sp and keep  (Read 5187 times)

Tags:
  • All members
lay at sp and keep
« on: 04 Nov 2012, 12:29 »
Hi i want to lay at sp if selection is under 7 but if selection is greater than 7 keep in play until matched and no harm done if not matched. regards Andrew

• Élite
Re: lay at sp and keep
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2012, 23:39 »
Hi Andrew,

OK if I understand you you need two simple triggers, on that says if lay_price <7 the lay at SP (this has to be the liability that you specify in the amount box and must be over £10) and you will get the SP price once the race starts.  I presume this will have some other conditions (such as time beofre off is less than 0.5 mins for example).

The second trigger is just a lay at a fixed price that you specify (7 ?) and is just a lay trigger with the permanence setting set to keep.

Alfaman

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2012, 14:13 »
Thanks for the reply Alfaman i have the lay at sp working for me with just the condition of selections lay price is less than 7.2. But my trigger is set up different from how u explain mine is lay, price, actual_sp, amount x.  So my 2nd trigger looks like this lay, price, 7 amount x and keep. Thanks again il give it a try.                                                                                    Andrew

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2012, 18:25 »
Lay at a price of actual_sp wil not do anything until the race starts as before this time there is no actual_sp.  If you are lucky once the race has started and SP is established you may get that price or better matched if the price falls in play but it if rises you will not.

If a selection is under 7.2 when you place the bet and it drifts to a BSP of, say,  20 at the start (bear in mind some races start minutes or accasionally over half an hour after the intended time) then your bet will get matched as soon as the price of 20 is available in play - not what you intended so take care.

Using lay at SP as the action prevents this and you are certain to get SP but the drifting thing can still happen as above.

Using your method if you add a condition that actual_sp < 7.2 then you will prevent the occasional high price lay but if one drifts from 7 right from the off, your bet will not get matched.

alfaman

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 06 Nov 2012, 11:28 »
Thanks Alfaman i can see your logic as yesterday i had bets matched below actual sp and also had some not matched so i will go down your path with this one                            Andrew

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE