Author Topic: Looking for bias in the K9 Lottery!  (Read 3350 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Looking for bias in the K9 Lottery!
« on: 25 Aug 2016, 13:53 »
Hi all.. Just thought I would share a little project I have been working on over the past month or so with greyhound betting.
I wanted to see if I could look at any trends with regards to trap, location and time bias that may occur when betting on the dogs.
The heart of a system is a trigger that will place a lay bet on a trap based on certain calculations regarding wom and volume % etc... normal kind of stuff.
The results of this trigger is then fed into a database which, over time, will look at which location/trap/time is doing well and which isnt.
Once enough data is obtained we can start to see a trend and have a new "Live betting" trigger which is actually placing back/lay bets and a varying stake depending on whats worked well previously.
Here is some stats... you can see in the graph, the profit with the learning system in place compared to straight £1 lays
You can also see the daily profit, note the profit is increasing as the days go by as the system "learns" the bias.

Ill post the images below.....

• All members
Re: Looking for bias in the K9 Lottery!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2016, 14:00 »
Here you can see the graph of the last month of so.... system compared to straight, blind lays.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2016, 14:02 »
Here you can see the daily profit

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2016, 14:12 »
The above results are based on nearly 5000 races

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE