Author Topic: MF Auto-Dutching function  (Read 7237 times)

Tags:
  • All members
MF Auto-Dutching function
« on: 28 Mar 2015, 16:54 »
Hi everyone,
I just tested the Auto-Dutching function and it works great but I have a couple questions.

What markets except of Win Horse is good to use the auto-dutching? I have turned In-Play betting Off for security.

Also, Is there a way to untick "Stop after every Dutch" for all markets (globally)?

One last thing - I dont know if "Adjust Amount" should be ticked - I couldnt find any explanations what is that.

Thanks!

• Administrator
Re: MF Auto-Dutching function
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2015, 09:09 »
What markets except of Win Horse is good to use the auto-dutching?

There is much less opportunity for a Dutching nowadays due to cross-matching, but sometimes you still get get some in Tennis and Soccer In-Play markets (such as Set Winner, Match Odds, Correct Score).

Try back-Dutching on all selections minus N potential losers, say on 4 out of 6 traps in Greyhound. Obviously there is no guaranteed profit in that case.

Also, Is there a way to untick "Stop after every Dutch" for all markets (globally)?

No, and we're not adding this option deliberately, as it may entail disastrous consequences when you have numerous markets refreshed simultaneously.

One last thing - I dont know if "Adjust Amount" should be ticked - I couldnt find any explanations what is that

Quoting from the manual (chapter Auto-Trading -> Auto-Dutching):

If you want the size of all bets to be adjusted to the amounts offered in the market, tick Adjust amounts. In this case the profit may be different from the settings as bets will be automatically resized to fit the offer. This way the chances that all bets will be matched are higher.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2015, 16:56 »
Well, Thank you very much. You were very helpful with the clear explanations. I hope you dont mind if I ask 2 more questions.

I've made a trigger to match all unmatched bets because sometimes when the Auto-Dutching function places a bet, it stays unmatched forever (odds change like 0.1 sec before bets were placed). Is there a better idea for that? One in every 3 bets placed by the Dutching function bring me losses because they stay unmatched and my trigger matches them at worse price. Do you have trigger which does the same thing as the Auto-Dutching? Maybe with the correct settings it will place the bets faster and odds wont have changed by that time.

Try back-Dutching on all selections minus N potential losers, say on 4 out of 6 traps in Greyhound. Obviously there is no guaranteed profit in that case.

Is there any difference if I use this on horse or greyhound?
Looks like big chance for big losses.  ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2015, 17:19 »
heres one to play around with on test until you get a better grasp of what can be done :)

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2015, 19:18 »
heres one to play around with on test until you get a better grasp of what can be done :)

Thanks man..I will give it a shot.

I still will be happy with an answer from Oxa or someone :)

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2015, 20:19 »
Sorry. I didn't really understand what you were asking.

Maybe you can me more clear about what you need answered.

Dutching 4 out of 6 dogs in every race, you have 2/3s of the runners with you. Theoretically, if those dogs are anyway overpriced you will win overtime. More probably, the dogs will be slightly underpriced and you will lose overtime.

this is a good article

newbielink:http://www.columbia.edu/~ks20/FE-Notes/4700-07-Notes-GR.pdf [nonactive]. The Gamblers Ruin Problem.

If you can post up what you are trying to do, there is sure to be a solution. Matching a load of unmatched bets would not be viable. Getting them matched at the right price is achievable, if you have an overall strategy that works.

Larp

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:11 »
I've attached a picture. My question is:
Why not all the bets get matched since the lay_amount is higher than my bet amount?
In Real mode not every bet gets matched :(

(im not betting in-play)

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2015, 08:06 »
In dutching the bet amount is calculated based on the price.
So probably 10/lay_price for some selections is less than the amount calculated.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2015, 18:23 »
In dutching the bet amount is calculated based on the price.
So probably 10/lay_price for some selections is less than the amount calculated.

My calculation is based on the price too?
I want my bet amount to be lower than the best offer amount. How to do that? I want all my bets to get matched :)

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2015, 18:33 »
are you trying to lay all selections so you get guaranteed profit or just some of the selections, colin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr 2015, 18:39 »
I've made a trigger to match all unmatched bets because sometimes when the Auto-Dutching function places a bet, it stays unmatched forever (odds change like 0.1 sec before bets were placed). Is there a better idea for that?

There is no safety net for this type of situations, unfortunately. Nothing can guarantee you that your bets will be matched. Under- and overounds stay for fractions of a second and then quickly disappear as there are lots of bots waiting for Dutching opportunities out there.

I'm not sure if you've spotted this already, but if you choose "Adjust amounts" instead of the default option of "Bet full amounts" in the Dutching trigger, it'll reduce your bets to increase their chance of getting matched. See the picture attached.

Is there any difference if I use this on horse or greyhound?

I'd only Dutch in Greyhound races in the last minute before the scheduled start. That's when the prices are the most realistic, i.e. without huge gaps between back and lay.

Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 14 Apr 2015, 18:43 »
I second what oxa says if you are looking for overrounds  you will always have unmatched bets because of the competition, also if you continue dutching on the same market over and over again in horse racing if there is a withdrawal after you have dutched you can be left with a huge liability, I have been there!, it seems like free money but believe me it isn't. colin

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 14 Apr 2015, 18:59 »
are you trying to lay all selections so you get guaranteed profit or just some of the selections, colin
Im laying/backing all the selections at once. I adjusted the trigger so it makes a bet only if overround offer amount is 50 times higher than my bet amount. Lets see..

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 14 Apr 2015, 19:02 »
ok good luck let us know how you get on

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE