Author Topic: MFPro crashes too often - any solutions?  (Read 3412 times)

Tags:
  • All members
MFPro crashes too often - any solutions?
« on: 26 Apr 2014, 13:21 »
Hello Marketfeeder

I’m running MFPro daily on 4 computers from 1-9 p.m. In daily average during the last week, I experience that 2 of the computers randomly are troubled with login problems followed by closing of  MFPro. Is this entirely because of the Betfair API, or is there something you can do within the program to avoid this?
If not, would you consider adding an email/sms function alerting about this issue in a future update?
Today I’m forced to frequently monitor my computers, which is not optimal.
Kind regards

• All members
Re: MFPro crashes too often - any solutions?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2014, 14:16 »
Hi
The issues you describe can occur when there is an API problem or the connection from your computer to the Betfair API is intermittent. Please check the speed and stability of your internet connection. For example, is your internet connection shared with others doing downloads or video streaming at the same time. Does your internet connection drop at all. Are all 4 computers configured not to automatically update while MFP is running etc.

The following setting, if set along with the email settings, will send an email if the program has to close due to API connection problems:
Settings > Look and Feel > Security > Send email alert upon the frequent losses of API session
Settings > Email and SMS > Email settings

Edit: related http://blog.marketfeeder.co.uk/faq-support-en/troubleshooting-eng/3-no-session.html
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: MFPro crashes too often - any solutions?
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2014, 09:42 »
Sorry, didn't see the option under security settings - this function is very valuable to me. I will focus on internet stability, trying different providers.

Thanks for great support

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE