Author Topic: Newbie today need help... sorry  (Read 12078 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Newbie today need help... sorry
« on: 26 Mar 2015, 12:50 »
Hello to everyone,

Today im trying Marketfeeder Pro, although its alot different from other software i think the triggered betting is what im looking for.

I have a very simple question, in the Basic view mode (or any) is there a way to see the total amount of traded money on that specific horse?

I can see the total amount for the market but i want a breakdown for each horse shown.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

Andrew

Re: Newbie today need help... sorry
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2015, 14:37 »
Hi,

I use volume percentage, as do most people, as the best guide. In the settings, you can select to show volume percentage above the chart on the main page. I cannot think of anyway to show the traded amounts without opening the price ladders, but I may well be wrong

If you really need the actual amounts traded, if can detail the specifics of what you want and someone will respond and tell you how show it using user variables that are shown on a popup if required.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2015, 14:42 »
Thanks for the reply!

No thats fine thanks! Its so different from other software but found the % and that is fine as any specific amounts i can use in specific triggers.

Thanks again for your patience and help,

Andrew

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2015, 17:20 »
Hi
You can use:
volume*market_volume/100 in Engineer Mode in any cell next to a selection

or in a trigger for the second index for example:
s_2_volume*market_volume/100

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2015, 11:03 »
perfect thank you yes just understanding engineer mode and this works fine for me to monitor a market.

thank you!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2015, 19:23 »
Hello from me! I was asking some questions year ago when I was using the free trial. I just purchased MF Pro and started from the very beginning. I just want to trade using what is know as tick offset in the other software. But here its pretty much different. I used to click and put back orders on higher odds and when they are matched the software made 1 tick lower lay orders. When I try this in MF, I have to write both back and lay odds, and if the current odd for lay is smaller it gets matched immediately.. not what I want? How can I organize this, please?

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2015, 19:25 »
Or... it could help me if I click with the left button on the back odd to be asked to change the odd?
And what to do if I want just to take my stake back.. not to green up with profit (potential winning just to stay on the outcome I traded on)?

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2015, 20:18 »
Hi
You can use triggers for automated trading, but I think you are referring to manual trading.

Please have a look at the help file towards the bottom of the contents list, Getting Started > Frequently Used Scenarios > One Click Betting and Green Up (Offset betting)

You should also set your default settings for tick offset in Settings > Betting Options

PLEASE USE TEST MODE WHEN TRYING THINGS OUT

here are 3 ways to do a manual tick offset trade, but you need to read the helpfile:

• auto trading > auto-greenup
  • engineer mode > one-click tradeout button
  • ladder interface > bet to greenup button (this will put your greenup order in as you mention in your post and you can easily scratch the trade using the ladder)

triggered betting of course is much more powerful and there are many examples of trading triggers here: http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/triggers/

hope this helps a little
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2015, 21:21 »
Thank you for the answet but it didn't help me... :(

I know about triggers but for them I will need more time and wanted until I get them known to be able to do what I was doing till now....

I read the explanation in the Manual but I still don't understand why I cannot do just a back or a lay order but have to make both of them in the same time... Example: I have odds on an outcome 16/17 and I want to make just a back order at 18 to be layed at 17 as its matched not at the current moment(!)

« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2015, 22:04 »
hi,

The program needs to know what you want it to do. You have to instruct it accordingly. It cannot presume to know that you want to green up unless you have told it that under the AutoGreenUp function or by a simple trigger or engineer mode formula.

Those are the only ways I know of.

But please be careful using the AutoGreenUp function, especially the AlwaysAttemptToGreenUp as it may place bets where the corresponding back/lay bets are not fully matched. Always use test mode until you are certain of your settings.

Good luck

larp

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 12 Nov 2015, 22:50 »
Hi
In the attached screenshot I have placed a back order on Double Shuffle at a price of 15.00 using the ladder. You can see it is unmatched. You can do the same using the main screen. Auto greenup is switched on and as soon as the back bet is matched, it will place a lay bet order at 14.50 (1 tick offset with greening) in to the queue waiting to be matched.

If you untick "always attempt to green up", it will wait until the lay price is 14.50 and green up.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 13 Nov 2015, 06:54 »
How can I ignore the lay field? I press the back button but both back and lay are ordered?

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 13 Nov 2015, 07:00 »
Even if I try to put unreal odd to lay as in the picture it matches lay for 2,08 @24 ...

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 13 Nov 2015, 08:32 »
Hi
To do a "manual" one tick offset order (better than current prices)
switch off auto greenup
put a back bet order at better (higher) price than current best back price, the bet is unmatched
put a lay bet order at better (lower) price than current best lay price, the bet is unmatched
you can see in the screenshot both bets are orders waiting to be filled.

if you put an order at worse than best back or lay, betfair will match it immediately at best current price.

autogreenup does the offset automatically as soon as the first bet is matched. Switch it off if you want to put unmatched orders in.

I hope I am understanding you.

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 13 Nov 2015, 08:53 »
put a back bet order at better (higher) price than current best back price, the bet is unmatched
put a lay bet order at better (lower) price than current best lay price, the bet is unmatched
you can see in the screenshot both bets are orders waiting to be filled.

Yes, but I want the lay order to be put automatically after the back order is matched. In your case both back and lay stay unmatched. May be I can't explain it exactly and I am sorry for this.
Which trigger can I use for this?

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE