Author Topic: Newbie - where to start  (Read 27379 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: Newbie - where to start
« Reply #30 on: 13 Mar 2014, 21:15 »
Hi
Your text file data appears to have an extra tab after the selection name so the data does not match up with the variables.

SELECTION NAME<tab><tab>3.87<tab>3.97<tab>5.9<tab>6.56<tab>1.53<tab>1.6<tab>2.18<tab>2.3

So what is happening is imported_1 is null and imported_2 should be imported_1 etc.

It should be:
SELECTION NAME<tab>3.87<tab>3.97<tab>5.9<tab>6.56<tab>1.53<tab>1.6<tab>2.18<tab>2.3
and then the data will match up with the variables. Don't worry about making neat columns, because sometimes the selection name will extend longer than a tab. So long as you have one tab in between each piece of data on a line it will work.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #31 on: 13 Mar 2014, 21:20 »
Thanks Mark,

I can see that now, doh! I Produced the file in Excel and saved it as a tab delimited file.

Onwards and upwards.

There will be times when I will want to add another set of parameters.  I assume it is relatively easy to add more variables?

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #32 on: 13 Mar 2014, 21:29 »
Hi
Yes it is straightforward. If you understand how the current variables work it is very easy to add some more.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #33 on: 23 Mar 2014, 18:56 »
Hi Mark,

I've been away for a week so I've not had a chance to test the system until this weekend.  Unfortunately, I still seem to be having a few problems.  I've attached my text data file which I believe is correct but the bot is still not laying all the bets within the parameters that I have set (there were 10 horses that fell within the parameters but only 4 were bet on.)

Would you be kind enough to have a look for me please.

Thanks once again

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #34 on: 23 Mar 2014, 19:57 »
Hi
A lot of the prices in your file are not valid Betfair prices. For example, one of the ranges you have is 3.86 3.97. These are not valid prices. The actual range that falls within your range is 3.90 3.95. It will be much better if your ranges use correct Betfair prices. The tick increment sizes for Betfair markets are:
Price        Tick increment size  
1.01 to 2     0.01
2 to 3        0.02
3 to 4        0.05
4 to 6        0.1
6 to 10       0.2
10 to 20      0.5
20 to 30      1
30 to 50      2
50 to 100     5
100 to 1000  10

You will need to check your trigger logs to see why the six selections that were within your ranges were not bet, but I think what I have explained above is the reason.

• All members
« Reply #35 on: 28 Mar 2014, 18:10 »
Hi MarkV,

Thanks for replying. I've been away all week but will try it out tomorrow with the correct ranges.

I will let you know how I got on.

Thanks once again.

Rob

• All members
« Reply #36 on: 28 Mar 2014, 18:51 »
Hi Mark,

Working on revising the ranges now.  Am I allowed to have a range thus: 5.7 to < 5.8?

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #37 on: 28 Mar 2014, 19:18 »
Hi
The trigger conditions are like this:
selections actual starting price is between imported_1 and imported_2

If you refer to the tick increment table 5.7 and 5.8 are valid prices (and in your example they are in fact 1 tick difference), so if your range is 5.7 5.8 then the condition will be met if the actual SP is either 5.7 or 5.8.

It will not work if you put <5.8   

• All members
« Reply #38 on: 29 Mar 2014, 11:26 »
Thanks MarkV,

Can a trigger be written that says greater than or less than pre determined imported prices.

If so, can I not overwrite the trigger you have already written for me?

So it might say something like:  Selection starting price is between imported_1 but less than imported_2

Sorry to be a pain but I'm just trying to find the my limits and I don't really know where else to look. 

Is there a good reference source I can read to help me as well (perhaps I should have asked that to begin with.

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #39 on: 29 Mar 2014, 11:59 »
Hi
The program's help file is available on the yellow question mark button on the top right of the main screen, or the blue question mark button on the top right of the trigger editor. A pdf manual is here: http://marketfeeder.co.uk/download/MF7_manual_eng.pdf

You need two conditions to replace the "between" condition to do what you are asking:
selections actual starting price is equal or greater than imported_1
and selections actual starting price is less than imported_2  

• All members
« Reply #40 on: 29 Mar 2014, 12:38 »
Thanks MarkV,

Need to work on it now.  Today, I'll run it as is with correct imported data as per your previous notes.

Cheers

rob

• All members
« Reply #41 on: 29 Mar 2014, 18:46 »
MarkV

Would you be kind and look over the adjusted trigger for me please.

At the moment it is only the BSP range that I would like the less than condition to apply to.

Thanks once again.

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #42 on: 29 Mar 2014, 20:52 »
Hi
Your trigger as posted works fine. I tested in Time Machine - please see screenshot attached.

The first imported selection met the conditions for both triggers - 2 bets
Second imported selection met the conditions for 1 trigger - 1 bet
Third imported selection did not meet any conditions - no bet

If your data in the file is accurate there should not be any problem.

• All members
« Reply #43 on: 30 Mar 2014, 11:52 »
Thanks MarkV,

I have loaded the trigger up with my selections and let's what happens!

Thanks once again.

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #44 on: 30 Mar 2014, 18:40 »
Hi MarkV  ???,

I know it's going to be something I've done but no bets placed again today.  I attach the txt file for reference.  The message I see a lot is Inappropriate state of the market.

Sorry to be a pain, but just not sure what's happening.

KR

Rob 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE