Author Topic: Newbie - where to start  (Read 27255 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: Newbie - where to start
« Reply #45 on: 30 Mar 2014, 18:08 »
Sorry Mark,

That should be inappropriate type of market (not state of market).

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #46 on: 30 Mar 2014, 19:08 »
Hi
All the time the market is idle (not in-play) the trigger will give the "inappropriate state of the market" message. The trigger executes as soon as the market turns in-play. You should check the trigger logs at that point in time.

Here is the procedure you should be doing:

Settings:
General Options > Untick Request confirmation for every critical operation
Monitoring Options > Start monitoring events at 1 min before beginning
Monitoring Options > Idle refresh rate 1.00, In-play refresh rate 0.3
Confirm you have test funds available
Save settings, restart program

Confirm you have test funds available on the main screen, if not click transfer test funds.

Ensure the trigger file is loaded: click triggers link on main screen and click open triggers button
Click the red Triggers bulb to turn it green
Load markets
Import selections using  Import selections for auto-trading button
(the program should tell you how many selections were imported)

Everything should now be set up.
If no bets are placed after a market has turned in-play, please check the trigger logs - you will find the reason why not in there.

This video might be of some help, slides 36 onwards demonstrate importing selections.
http://marketfeeder.co.uk/screenshots/video-tipster/Tipsters.html

edit: just read your last post. Inappropriate type of market means you are not monitoring the WIN market, or reading the log for the PLACE market.

I really do think you should develop this one stage at a time, so you can test each part and then move on to the next. In my screenshot 3 posts back this is what I have done.

Take 1 market in say an hours time (or when you are free to watch it)
Make a small sample text file relevant only to a few selections in that market and put in some prices so you can test the conditions.
Once you are happy with the way it works, then you can move on to the next stage.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #47 on: 30 Mar 2014, 19:24 »
Hi
I notice from the various data files you have provided, that the price ranges are the same for all selections. Although it should work OK, there are obviously some problems in getting this up and running.

If you will be having a constant price range for all selections in the WIN market, and a constant price range for all selections in the PLACE market, I can suggest another option which might be easier:

We can "hard code" the ranges in to the trigger. The ranges will be editable using constants, but you will have two editable ranges for WIN and one editable range for PLACE.

Using something like this, the only data you will need to import will be the selection names.

If you think this might be better, let me know and I will make a trigger for this next week.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #48 on: 31 Mar 2014, 14:17 »
Thanks MarkV,

I will get to work on it. 

Yes, the hard coding would work because the price ranges are the same for all selections.

There would be two editable ranges for Place as well as Win markets.

So, if you don't mind writing a trigger for me based on the last txt fiel that would be very kind. 

Unfortunately, i shall be on holiday from Friday for two weeks so i won't be able to test it until I get back. 

Is it possible to have my free period extended for one more month please so that i can test the trigger when i get back?

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #49 on: 31 Mar 2014, 19:55 »
Hi
Please find attached:
Updated trigger file - price ranges go in the constants
Sample text file showing a single selection name per line - no tabs - no prices
Screenshot demo while testing

In the constants you can set the low and high prices for the ranges. 2 each for Win and Place markets.
The trigger bets in the WIN market if any of the price ranges are met in the conditions, so the selections can have up to 4x bets.
Screenshot shows 1st selection meeting conditions for one WIN and one PLACE price range, therefore 2x bets in WIN market.

Load WIN and PLACE markets.

Please use test mode to test the trigger.
----
Regarding your question about your subscription, please email support: [email protected] with your request.

• All members
« Reply #50 on: 01 Apr 2014, 12:23 »
Thanks markV,

You're a star once again.  I'll take a look at this over the next couple of days (Wedding anniversary today so best not tonight!

I am on holiday as of Friday so it might be in limbo for a couple of weeks.

I will email support regarding the subscription.

Thanks once again.

Rob

• All members
« Reply #51 on: 24 Apr 2014, 18:37 »
Hi MarkV, just when you thought it was safe to go back into this thread!

I've been scared off by the thread about the amount you can lose on a bad losing run so I would like to adjust the trigger please, if that's possible.

Essentially, I would like to load the same data as before but instead of placing all the bet to win I would like to split between the win and place markets if the trigger is activated. 

The real complicated part is that for some of the ranges the percentage changes.

Therefore, is it possible to have the trigger amended to allow it to place bets in the win and place markets but with me being allowed to adjust the percentage from time to time (not while the trigger is running of course).

I hope this is okay and I look forward to hearing from you.

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #52 on: 25 Apr 2014, 20:21 »
Hi
Yes that should be possible.
Please can you put your request in a new topic on this board:
 http://community.welldonesoft.com/make-me-a-trigger!/

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #53 on: 26 Apr 2014, 07:25 »
Thanks Mark, will do.

Rob

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE