Author Topic: Newbie - where to start  (Read 27256 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Newbie - where to start
« on: 04 Mar 2014, 18:22 »
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to this site and betting with bots, however I believe I've stumbled onto a reasonable betting winner by analysing racing data from racing-index going back 6 months.

I'm sure you've heard it all before but I would like to produce a bot as placing said bets is tricky during the week. 

In essence, it involves taking certain selections and only betting on them if they hit a certain BSP range. This can be to win or place but I really do not know where to start - can anyone please point me in the right direction please?

KR

TBISGOD

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
Re: Newbie - where to start
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2014, 19:02 »
start here ... http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/

see of there's anything close to your ideas and try to build from there.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2014, 20:59 »
Hi
If your selection names and their relating BSP ranges can be in a text file, it should be quite easy to set up a trigger to do what you want. For example:
Text file (tab separated values):
Endeavour        3.55 4.10
Indigo Island    3.95 6.00
Shine A Diamond  4.30 5.90

We can set up a trigger to bet these selections if their BSP is within the specified range. If this is what you are after, please specify if you want to back or lay, and when. Or exactly what you want to do and I will do a trigger for you.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2014, 09:58 »
see of there's anything close to your ideas and try to build from there.

Thanks 1oser, I shall take a look at them.

TBISGOD

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2014, 10:41 »
Hi
If your selection names and their relating BSP ranges can be in a text file, it should be quite easy to set up a trigger to do what you want. For example:
Text file (tab separated values):
Endeavour        3.55 4.10
Indigo Island    3.95 6.00
Shine A Diamond  4.30 5.90

We can set up a trigger to bet these selections if their BSP is within the specified range. If this is what you are after, please specify if you want to back or lay, and when. Or exactly what you want to do and I will do a trigger for you.

Hi MarkV,

In essence, that is exactly what I would like to do.  Coupled with a ratcheted bet plan, so the amount bet is a percentage of the pot depending on the result of the previous race(s) days.  All selections will be backed to win and place. (Indeed some of the starting criteria depends on place BSP at start.

To use your example

Endeavour        3.65 4.00 BSP (Win)  (The bet would then be 5% of pot split 50/50 win and place.) 
Indigo Island    5.9 6.56 (Win) (The bet would then be 5% of pot split 50/50 win and place.) 
Shine A Diamond  Place BSP of 1.52 1.69  (The bet would then be 5% of pot split 50/50 win and place.) 
Copt Hill Place BSP of 2.18 2.31  (The bet would then be 5% of pot split 50/50 win and place.) 

I hope this all makes sense and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

TBISGOD

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 06 Mar 2014, 10:55 »
Hi
Please can you let me know if you are backing or laying your selections?
Can you also please confirm at what price the bets are to be placed at.
e.g. actual BSP is known as soon as the market turns inplay
therefore:
INPLAY
check actual BSP, if within range back/lay at best back/lay price or at actual BSP? If I have your answers, I should have a trigger ready for you tomorrow afternoon.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 06 Mar 2014, 14:46 »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it.

All the selections are to be backed, some to win, some to place.

Did you want the exact ranges or was your question relating to the bet placement?

The bet should be placed within the range specified (in reality, it is only the lower figure that is critical).  However, I need the ability to alter slightly the range on a day to day basis as the data evolves.  But in essence,  as soon as the market turns INPLAY if the actual BSP is within the range specified then the bet should be placed immediately within that range (it is not important that it is placed at the exact BSP).  Indeed, if the BSP is within the range but the betting fell below the minimum range but then returned within the range a bet can be placed.

If the BSP is out of the range specified but moves within the range No bet should be placed

At all times there should only be one bet.

e.g.

Dark Warrior 5.9 6.54

INPLAY BSP is 6.5, please place bet immediately (as long as it hasn't fallen out of the bottom range, i.e. below 5.9)

If, when we analyze the data, the sample is not giving me back the returns I expect I might revise that the Bet placed must not fall below the actual BSP but i haven't run any numbers on that yet.

Mark, as I've said I really appreciate this but if I haven't made myself clear please don't hesitate to post back and tell me what an idiot I am. ;).

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 07 Mar 2014, 08:48 »
Hi
Attached please find a trigger file which will:
as soon as the market turns inplay, check if the selections actual SP is within the WIN SP specified range in the text file.
if it is within the set range it will back the selection at current back price in the WIN market for an amount of (5% of UK funds) /2
and
as soon as the market turns inplay, check if the selections actual SP is within the PLACE SP specified range in the text file.
If it is within the set range it will back the selection at current back price in the PLACE market for an amount of (5% of UK funds) /2

The previously bet in market is required to be settled before the trigger will activate.

Attached please find a text file showing the format required for your BSP ranges:
Selection Name (spelling exactly as Betfair spelling)<TAB>Win SP range low<TAB>Win SP range high<TAB>Place SP range low<TAB>Place SP range high

If there is no range specified, the trigger will not bet in that market. e.g. a Place range only is specified, a bet will be placed in the Place market and not in the Win market. If both ranges are specified and both markets actual SP falls within the ranges, it will bet in both markets.

The selection names and price data need to be imported into the program from the text file. Please refer to the manual section on importing selections for auto-trading on how to do this.

Please test the trigger in test mode or Time Machine.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 07 Mar 2014, 10:55 »
Hi Mark,

Wow, thank you - I'll remember who my friends are, when it's made a pile!

I assume there is no problem in cross pollinating? i.e. -

"as soon as the market turns inplay, check if the selections actual SP is within the WIN SP specified range in the text file.
if it is within the set range it will back the selection at current back price in the Place market for an amount of (5% of UK funds) /2"

and vice-verse?

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 07 Mar 2014, 12:55 »
Hi
Code: [Select]
Wind Fire 2.82 3.20 1.40 1.50 will bet in both Win and Place as per ranges
Loving Spirit 4.00 5.80 will bet in Place only as per range
Fig Roll 6.50 7.50 will bet in Win only as per range

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 07 Mar 2014, 13:33 »
Sorry Mark,

Is is possible to place a bet on win only if the place argument is met and vice versa.

So the selection will look like this

Loving Spirit         4.00   5.80   will bet in Place only as per range

But actually I may want to place a bet on win only if the place criteria is met  - is that possible?

KR

Rob

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 07 Mar 2014, 13:46 »
Hi
Not as the triggers are at the moment. It is possible. I will post an updated trigger file a bit later.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 07 Mar 2014, 14:20 »
Thanks Mark,

You're a star.

Rob

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 07 Mar 2014, 16:50 »
Hi
Attached please find an updated trigger file.
The lower block of triggers is the original trigger posted earlier.
The upper block of triggers will:
bet in place markets according to win market SP range conditions
bet in win markets according to place market SP range conditions
Enable whichever trigger you need.

Please use test mode or Time Machine for testing the trigger.

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 08 Mar 2014, 10:46 »
Thanks Mark,

All loaded with selections and will test over the next few days.

Cheers

Rob

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE