Author Topic: Numbers  (Read 7315 times)

Tags:
  • Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
Numbers
« on: 10 Nov 2012, 20:16 »
http://www.soccerwidow.com

well worth a read.
Fortune favors the brave!

• Nerd
  • Élite
Re: Numbers
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2012, 07:35 »

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2012, 08:33 »
Hi
Yes – Soccerwidow occasionally posts on here and the website is very good.

On the HDA system, the time investment is to the downside, however as one commenter said, “if one would have simply bet on the 4 recommended teams (Fulham, Aston Villa, Man City and Man Utd) without thinking too much last season, one would have landed a 20% ROI!”

Definitely a good site.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Nerd
  • Élite
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2012, 10:00 »
Exactly Mark .. .20% of 4/5K is probably what you need to make it work while.

As for the time aspect .. I am working on reducing that. Just grabbed all the data from football-data and am busy trying to put it into sql. Cup matches I will build up slowly. If it proves profitable the first $100 will go towards getting someone to fill up the missing data.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2012, 11:49 »
I was going to suggest employing someone to do the legwork :)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Nerd
  • Élite
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2012, 14:12 »
Yeah .. my SQL if fair but not great .. I have managed to get the data into SQL 137000 + rows ... selecting teams and doing h2h easy .. pumping the data into other tables and applying formulas  ??? ??? ???

Yeah think I will find someone to create a store proc to run through the numbers and produce pretty results

• Nerd
  • Élite
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2012, 08:23 »
I have managed to get it right ... no more punching results or Head2Head

now getting the ODDS , match odds, over/under, correct score etc. is the time consuming part. The whole process is taking 5-10 minutes per match. I am laying at least one correct score per game .... So just need the right bank so I can get +-$20 per game and I will be happy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2012, 08:58 »
Hard work pays.
Are you using MFP anywhere in the process?
SoccerWidow posted a response to a comment yesterday on HDA. All common sense, but could be of interest to you regarding bank.

• Nerd
  • Élite
« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2012, 11:50 »
No .. MFP is not involved for the Soccerwidow spreadsheet .. but that's a good idea will take a look into it tonight with the Portugal League game.

Bank Protection is key! The other day I implemented bank protection mode on one of my strategies. I am currently aggressively trying to grow my bank with it. Average lay is around 16 and a max of 40. So far it has served me well more that doubling the bank. let's from 100 points to 200 points, which I quickly withdrew 75 odd points in case it blows up. It's all flat stakes and no loss recovery.

Watching one race where it layed 40 of 130 odd points I realized that i need to find a balance between aggressive growth and bank protection. So I implemented a divisor using a date difference. So everyday the bank survives the divisor increases by 1 if we make it back to the happy days of summer with lots of race meetings the bank should be big enough (I hope) and also the divisor high enough for me no to flinch when laying 40.

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2012, 14:11 »
hi
have you tried soccer stats tracker.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Nerd
  • Élite
« Reply #10 on: 12 Nov 2012, 15:01 »
No .. I haven't tried it before ... it looks ok though.

Is it any good??

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2012, 15:26 »
hi
yes it seems ok, but i do not bet on football that much.
the best part is it's free and seems to have all the info that you need.
this is the latest update, then you need to update the fixtures etc, all with 1 easy selection, internet update or local file.
2. Download the latest version 5.0 from this link:
http://www.mitrevski.com/Setup_SST_5.exe
and install the program.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE