Author Topic: Open Office  (Read 3490 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Open Office
« on: 04 May 2018, 17:26 »
For the last year I haven't paid up to use MS Office and have instead been using Open Office.

Is there any way to import your results into Open Office via either the BF main site or thro MF pro so that I can edit and examine my results.

I've tried everything but have failed 😭

• All members
Re: Open Office
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2018, 20:08 »
Hi
By results are you meaning your statement? In MFP when you are viewing your statement, towards the top right are a row of buttons. One of them saves the statement as a CSV file. I believe you can import CSV files into Open Office. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2018, 07:37 »
Hi By results are you meaning your statement? In MFP when you are viewing your statement, towards the top right are a row of buttons. One of them saves the statement as a CSV file. I believe you can import CSV files into Open Office.

Hi Mark.
Yes I do mean the statement
I can import the data but Open Office doesn't recognise the characters as numbers. Every number is imported with a prefix which I can't remove

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2018, 07:41 »
Like this 

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2018, 08:20 »
Hi
I don't have Open Office so I can't test, but give this a try:

open csv file with notepad, word wrap off
edit > replace
find what: "
replace with: leave blank
save csv
try import to Open Office

and if you've not done so already, can you try formatting a column in Open office to "number"
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2018, 20:37 »
There is no way to connect MF Pro to an Open Office document directly, but you can use the advice the other users kindly gave above.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2018, 21:01 »
These settings work for opening mfp csv files in libre office calc....I believe libre office and open office are pretty much identical.

Hope that helps

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2018, 09:41 »
Hi I don't have Open Office so I can't test, but give this a try: open csv file with notepad, word wrap off edit > replace find what: " replace with: leave blank save csv try import to Open Office and if you've not done so already, can you try formatting a column in Open office to "number"

Thanks for the replys guys.
This does seem to work. Opening first in notepad and removing the "
Its a shame we can only download one day at a time :(

I just need to figure it out for when downloading from the Betfair site now.
Its a totally different format from Beftaif

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE