Author Topic: Plain explanation of Triggers  (Read 4080 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Plain explanation of Triggers
« on: 15 Apr 2014, 10:04 »
Is there anywhere on this forum that can explain in PLAIN english what all the various triggers do ?
I am experimenting with all the various triggers in MF pro , but dont really understand the mechanics or how to operate them correctly . any info would be of help
Cheers
goodyflyer

• All members
Re: Plain explanation of Triggers
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2014, 15:04 »
The software can appear daunting at first, as the amount of versatility means that so much is possible, so where do you start?

I'll try and offer a brief explanation in as plain a way as possible.  A trigger is the instruction to market feeder pro to do something.  If you created a trigger saying back the favourite in a horse race 30 seconds before for off for the amount of £2, then that is what mfp would do in every horse race that it was set up to monitor.

The software does not make good or bad decisions, it just blindly carries out the instructions in the trigger that you create....I liken it to the sorcerers apprentice in the Disney film Fantasia.

More complicated sets of triggers can be put into blocks which in a basic way of understanding is a way of keeping more complex sets of triggers neat and tidy. Making a trigger can be achieved by using the drop down menus in the trigger editor.

Start by downloading some of the examples and looking at how they are put together, and most importantly, read the manual...I know it's a hefty volume, but there really is no substitute for sitting down with the software and the manual and going through the various options.

If you stick at it then you'll realize just what an amazing piece of software this can be in revolutionizing your approach to gambling.

Good Luck!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2014, 20:16 »
Thanks for that , but what I actually mean is :- In MFPro there are about 45 triggers already in the package , Ive looked thro them and some are dead straight forward but some are baffiling as to what each actually does for example :-
"back-place-price-change-win"
"back_green_up_trailing_sl_cycle"
"back-pre-off-steamer"
"relative-strength-index"
All I am asking simple instructions for each trigger and what it does ?
Hopefully make us some dough
Cheers
goodyflyer

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2014, 21:07 »
Hi
The triggers included in the package are the example triggers on the website. A write up for each of these can be found here: http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/
example: back_green_up_trailing_sl_cycle is http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/green-up-hedge/repetitive-backing-greening-up/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2014, 22:29 »
Thanks for that info I will give it a go.
Cheers

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE